Possible announcement in October....

by Skinnedsheep 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Pure speculation for several reasons.

"Friends, it has been 100 momentous years since Christ arrived as King. In the last 100 years a great shout of praise has gone up to Jehovah. Technology has greatly changed the way people live and communicate and Jehovah has made sure that his organization is on the forefront of these changes. we can now say with all confidence that the work of preaching the good news to the entire inhabited earth has been accomplished. Jw.org is the most visited religous website, and that could not have happened without your self sacrificing spirit as you advertised the kingdom."

Since we have this tool Jw.org to reach people throughout the world wherever they are, it has been decided that the primary focus of all Christians will be to support hundreds of building projects that are in planning or construction. Please contact your branch construction overseer for more details.

reasons for thinking this....

when was the last time pioneering was really highlighted?

• sir82
    sir82

when was the last time pioneering was really highlighted?

It is highlighted frequently at the "regional convention".

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

So the JW is preaching/electronically reaching in N Korea? Hmmmm why do I not believe this could be so...

• sporece
    sporece

A little at a time they have been eliminating meetings, assemblies and it would not be shocking just like Paul mentioned in the 1st century that the preaching was done, the watchtower can claim the same.

Encourage the publisher to witness informally and send the money that they are saving on gas and car maintenance to the watchtower for building projects.

The GB is not stupid, they realize knocking on doors is nothing but a waste of time and money.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I don't see this happening. Service is one of the most powerful tools that keeps people indoctrinated. It forces kids into awkward situations when they meet schoolmates, helping them to associate being uncomfortable with being around anyone who's not a JW. For adults, it similarly makes them see themselves differently from the worldlies, reinforcing the seperateness. This seperateness is important, because non-cult members can see through the BS and may enlightent members. It limits thier time and discourages hobbies that allow the 'real personality' to come out. Also, the metrics that they get (i.e. time slips) from it are an important tool for determining who may be spiritually weak (i.e. waking up) and allows the elders to initiate emergency indoctrination sessions for those ones.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

the work of preaching the good news to the entire inhabited earth has been accomplished.

Except for the fact that the very next day after this announcement, there will be 370,000 new people on earth.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know about this October, but WTS is reinventing itself into jw.org so I can see them soon abandon offering literature of any bulk and switching to simply offering flyers that advertise the website. The problem will be that hardly anyone would just send money to a website.

Their literature carts are new to them. They have to work that out for a couple of years before they do something different. I think they are a segway to ending door-to-door. I expect them one day to say that the Bible doesn't COMMAND door-to-door and Jesus also had people in the marketplace.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

they realize knocking on doors is nothing but a waste of time and money.

On the contrary, it keeps the rank and file busy , it keeps them motivated , it makes them feel important, it stops them sitting at home and thinking, it gives them lots to talk about since the inevitable little successes are "obvious evidence of God's blessings" - Without it the Borg really would implode.

That is why it will never, ever cease

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

100% agree BluesBrother!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

On the contrary, it keeps the rank and file busy

And it separates them from all the other religions.

"Who else is doing the Worldwide Preaching of the Good Newsthat Jesus commanded?" -- THAT is always one of the PROOFS that JWs are the only true religion. If they quit the D2D work, they become nothing special.

Remember, it doesn't have to be productive because you will "save yourself and those who listen to you".

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit