Does WT use intellectual intimidation in publications?

by KateWild 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

KateWild - "Is it impossible for WT to recruit a intellectually strong individual? I think they have recruited many."

I'm sure they have.

An "intellectually strong individual" (i.e. smart, shrewd, and clever) who is also unscrupulous could, in theory, go quite far in the Organization.

After all, intellectual strength is not necessarily a guarantee of ethical behavior.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

BB, of course, that's from the Bible, they're just setting it to music :-)

I don't honestly see intellectual intimidation in the literature. I see a lot of pretend knowledge and appeals to the heart over the mind.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I guess it all comes down to the meaning of the term or phrase 'Intellectual Intimidation'. Personally there is nothing intellectual about a bunch of creeps who will forbid its members a higher education and classifies it as a work of the devil to decieve its members away from the truth and into disbeleif of their claims.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think they are much more at home with emotional and spiritual intimidation.

Their psuedo intellectualism does'nt stand up to any serious scrutiny, they just assert things very confidently.

They have holes in their logic you could drive a truck through. That's why they tend to concentrate on emotional blackmail and sanctimonious rhetoric.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, well said! It is emotional and spiritual intimidation. "You want to be in the new system with your loved ones, well don't you?" "You don't want to jeopardize your relationship with Jehovah and make him sad, do you?"

• smiddy
    smiddy

Try Ronald Aronsons book " Living Without God " , Kate , regarding intellectual intimidation .

smiddy

• KateWild
    KateWild

The only protection is knowing the techniques of mind-control and manipulation and recognizing when someone is trying to use them on you.-Oub

Yes I agree I have read Combating Cult Mind Control. He speaks of the BITE model, also jwfacts.com refers to it too. I think all school children aged 12-18 should be taught this, it will give them much protection.

I see some posters perspective that WT publications are basic level, so they do not appear to be intellectually intimidating. I agree the majority of material is not a high standard accademically.

Thanks guys for all your posts.

Kate xx

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

I dont call it imtimidation i call it all emotional,psychological, mental and spiritual conditioning. This is why it takes some years to have these chains broken

• Heaven
    Heaven

They definitely use tactics to keep people controlled and feeling down.

The Aug 22, 1967 Awake! article, page 27 and 28, about Women and their Cranial Size being proof of women's intellectual inferiority is one such example.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/71871/1/Governing-Blunders-Part-II-Women-and-Cranial-Capacity#.U5lyDaD3Rdg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit