The March 1, 1952 Watchtower says, "Go back... and Die!"

by Londo111 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

Today my JW daughter and family dropped by, the second

time I have seen my youngest grandson (he's two) and my

other two grandkids. I'm so happy that she and her husband

don't listen to those nut jobs...They live in a different state, she

calls me and make a point to come by when she is in town.

She told me , my ex-brother-law told her "if you want your father

to come back, you need to stop visiting him". What a Jerk!!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

OP March 1, 1952 Watchtower: Does anyone have any idea who wrote this??? This was a public distributed magazine. Who ever wrote this has serious mental issues, a huge ego and rants like a maniac.

They act like what they say, makes them god, to reign over people , to hold life and death in their hands. To make people fear them. There is nothing in that article to make anyone think they represent a Christian Charitable Society.

LoisLane

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Lois Lane:- great point. The blame becomes meaningless when you blame an organisation and not the individual. Also i think without a name it gives the impression their loving Jehover wrote it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe that March 1 1952 Watchtower should be shown to the appropiate authourities that are against hate speech and ask them to investigate the publishers of the Watchtower and see if they have changed their position against disfellowshipped ones or if they still shun them .

smiddy

• Splash
    Splash

CAN SAY "HELLO" TO A DISFELLOWSHIPPED MEMBER?
    1970 NO - WT 6/1/70 p.352
    1972 NO - Organization for Kingdom Preaching..., 1972, p.172
    1974 YES - WT 8/1/74 pp.464,465
    1974 YES - WT 74 8/1 p. 471 par. 21 - 22
    1981 NO - WT 9/15/81 p.25
    2013 jw.org Feb 2013 - Shunning is bullying:
    2013 NO - WT 6/15/2013 p.28

Splash

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

In true WT fashion, what it formerly condemned as "pagan" and "unscriptural" when another religion does it, WT now embraces the same exact thing and calls it "scriptural" and 'direction from god'. Note the scriptures WT says the CC misapplies to justify disfellowshipping- they are the very same scriptures WT uses now to justify it:

• Ding
    Ding

If they get rid of those cards, how do they know which people to shun?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"Those who are acquainted with the situation in the congregation should never say Hello or Goodbye to him. He is not welcome in our midst, we avoid him. Such an individual has no place in the clean organization or congregation of God. He should go back to the wicked group that he once came from and die with that wicked group with Satan’s organization."

FYI, wherever this came from, it's not accurately quoted. Two quotes have been spliced from two articles in the same magazine. Still, to have whole articles on how to and to what level a person should be ignored ... just wow ... especially as it's only 5 years after they were condemning the Catholic church for doing the same!

Edit: Sorry Atlantis, I couldn't spot the part of the quote from your second scan. Thought the page continued from the 1st one. I must be blind today!

*** w52 3/1 pp. 133-134 pars. 8-9 Keeping the Organization Clean ***

"... But Paul, an apostle of the Lord, had authority to take action, and he took action. He disfellowshiped that one. He did not ask the congregation: “Now give me authority or vote on what I’m doing.” Paul, a servant of God, saw to it that that one was removed. He had the authority to do so. That is why he said he had already judged the man and ordered them to “hand such a man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh”. (1 Cor. 5:1-12, NW) Such an individual has no place in the clean organization or congregation of God. He should go back to the wicked group that he once came from and die with that wicked group with Satan’s organization.

"Let the wicked go his wicked way, for he cannot remain in the congregation of God, because that congregation must remain clean. ... "

*** w52 3/1 p. 141 pars. 13-14 Propriety of Disfellowshiping ***

"... What is the congregation going to do now with such an individual? We must keep in mind that this person has been disfellowshiped and is not a member of our company. We want to avoid him, we want nothing to do with him.

"Now meetings that are open to the public he can attend as long as he behaves himself and acts orderly. If that individual comes into a public meeting, say, a public lecture in a public auditorium, or Kingdom Hall, or city park, or a Watchtower study or a service meeting, it is public, the doors are open, and he may be admitted. If he comes into that meeting and sits down, as long as he is orderly, minds his business, we have nothing to say to him. Those who are acquainted with the situation in the congregation should never say “Hello” or “Good-by” to him. He is not welcome in our midst, we avoid him. If this one should be sitting in the Watchtower study and raise his hand, the chairman should never recognize him or allow him to make a comment. He is not one of us. He is not a recognized member in God’s congregation. Those who are informed and know the individual certainly should avoid him, have nothing to say to him. He has no privileges of service in the congregation whatsoever."

• Londo111
    Londo111

AnnOMaly: Thanks...I did not realize this quote had been spliced together like that.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It's okay, Londo. WT does it all the time and god loves them more than anyone else!

Next time just put in a "[ ]" and a "..." and you're golden. LOL.

Spliced or not, the article says what it says- the meaning and intent are the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit