Five Jehovah’s Witnesses traveling to convention feared to have drowned. Western Region, Ghana

by Sol Reform 18 Replies latest social current

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

Five Jehovah’s Witnesses traveling to convention feared to have drowned. Western Region, Ghana

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=312004&comment=0#com

Five persons said to be from the same family are feared to have drowned, after a canoe in which they were travelling capsized.

The five- a woman, her three daughters and a baby- were crossing a river to Prestea and later travel to Takwa for the Jehovah’s Witness convention there.

But their canoe capsized at Sika Ne Asem in the Prestea-Huni Valley district in Western Region, drowning all five on board.

• snowbird
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Unbelievably tragic! You can bet you won't read about that experience anywhere in Dub literature. Obviously, Jehovah dislikes African sisters with children who brave a river in a canoe just to hear the same sh!t they said last year.

• losingit
    losingit

Ohhhhhh nooooo

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

That's so sad! And did they have to use that picture for the story??? OMG!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

That is very sad, my condolences to the remaining family.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

You can bet you won't read about that experience anywhere in Dub literature

There's not much room left after they run stories about the one GB member that just died....

You see, in WT Land it's not how many JWs die that's important...it's only who died that counts....

---

Somehow I doubt the last words they said to themselves before drowning were, "Listen, obey and be blessed", or, "at least we followed the WTs orders to cross flooding rivers to get to the convention, " whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. "

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

How very sad.

The report says the bridge connecting their town to the mainland had been washed away in heavy flooding. You never get in a river at flood stage. There are all kinds of debri in there. I hate to think the mother was remembering JW.org propaganda to trust in Jehovah, "That He will carry you through... "

What is the other JW.org BS... Listen, Obey (Forget Common Sense), and be gone. How will JW.org spin this?

For her honesty, bravery and trusting the spoken and written words of JW.org, this woman Maame Serwarr lost her life and those of her little family. Tragic.

LoisLane

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Listen, obey and be blessed take needless risks for the GB"

• steve2
    steve2

This makes more reprehensibly sickening the glib boasting in the polished video about the upcoming Atlanta USA international conventions in which the spokesmen raved on about Jehovah blessing the planning for the conventions.

Again, Jehovah is praised as doing the "lesser" deed (i.e., blessing convention arrangements) but not stepping in to save his loyal people making their way to the conventions. As I said, sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit