should there be a rule against posting PMs ?

by MissFit 24 Replies latest forum announcements

• MissFit
    MissFit

Most people feel that it is unethical to post private messages.

How ever there does not seem to be a posting rule against it.

Some people unfamiliar with posting on boards may not realize that it is not done to post private messages .( even though it would seem self evident with the word private in it.)

So what do you think about making it an official posting rule?

• Simon
    Simon

Black and white rules don't allow for common sense occassiinal exceptions when needed.

I think a general social tut-tut of disapproval is sufficient. If people made a habit of doing it then they may be preventer from posting as they could be being intentionally disruptive and violating the guidelinbes.

• KateWild
    KateWild

MissFit,

Thanks for your support. I am glad the thread in question is blocked. I agree with Simon that the disapproval was good enough for me. Happy happy joy joy.

Kate xx

• steve2
    steve2

I take it as a given that a pm is not for inclusion in a thread. If the pm is unwanted and/or offensive, it needs to be either ignored or taken up with moderators - not for general discussion.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is a downright breach of trust to post a PRIVATE Message without the full written consent of the writer.

The clue is in the name.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thats my sentiment exactly Phizzy.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Have I missed some fun?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

PM sent.

JK.

• Viviane
    Viviane

The assumption and common sense is to assume everything on the internet may become public and to act appropriately.

Post and write accordingly.

• MissFit
    MissFit

So If I am getting unwanted or harassing pms I can let Simon know? ( I am not ) Can the moderators get access to the pms?

This is the first board I ever joined, I'm still learning how it works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit