should there be a rule against posting PMs ?

by MissFit 24 Replies latest forum announcements

• Viviane
    Viviane

Depends on the forum software as to whether or not the admins have access. I would imagine Simon, as the sole owner, does. And yes, if you were getting harassing messages you should let the admins know.

• Simon
    Simon

Whether admins can read PMs is a separate issue. I think any forum owner that says they cannot is lying. Every site that tries to operate in a legal manner has times when they need to whether that is JWN or Google / Facebook / Microsoft etc...

What metters is having a sensible and responsible balance between freedom and preventing abuse or harrassment.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Simon, I really appreciate this board.

I know it must be hard to play referee and to keep a balance "between and preventing abuse and harassment. "

This forum has literally been a life saver for many people, myself included.

Great job.

Thank you.

Miss.Fit

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I rarely get PMs and I have never gotten any that seem offensive.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Simon, when you lock a thread do you usually send the offending party an e-mail with an explanation or warning. Not that I plan on harassment or abuse.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Hi.

I think the OP needs clarification.

Is the objection to:

- receiving PM's,

- PM's being publicly posted,

- other?

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

A gentleman PMd me re a comment I made about the old KH birthday books. I replied via PM. Was this a breach of etiquette? I am still quite new to this.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Stormcrow, it is quite normal to respond to PM. The specific issue of this thread is about publically posting the comments from a PM, and you did not do that.

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

jgnat.....thanks for the reassurance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit