Sorry posters JWs leaders will not "change" 1914 or 144,000 "literal to figurative "doctrine

by booker-t 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Hermano
    Hermano

I'm slowly realizing doctrine does not matter much at all to most witnesses. Whatever they're told to believe is fine as long as it comes from the brand they trust.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Island man,

You took the words out of my mouth. I appreciate the sentiment, but you are never going to get a straight answer from the writing dept at Bethel.

Kate xx

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

The GB could announce 1914 is no longer signifcant and 144k means nothing and

.... most JWs wouldn't even flinch.

We would laugh, high five each other and have a grand old time. But, JWs think like JWs, meaning they won't think shit about it. I know no member of my family would even care.

These people are already ok with two overlapping generations is one generation. The specifics of their doctrines mean nothing to them.

Some will even be estatic about "the new light" and sign up to pioneer, decide to get baptized, apply to Bethel, etc. etc.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

booker-t, what that brother in the writing dept told you, means nothing. I mean, if changes in 1914 and 144,000 teachings really are imminent, do you actually think that the brother in the writing dept woud tell you so and pre-empt the Governing Body's official revelation of it at an annual meeting or some other official means? Do you seriously think you can take that brother's word for it? Are you still indoctrinated? This is the most important statement that the brother made:

" if they do get changed the GB will let everyone know at the same time."

This.

• runForever
    runForever

CURSE THEM!!!

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

Someone on this site pointed this out in the revised NWT. B1 The Message of the Bible...About 1914...Jesus Hurls the serpent, Satan, to the earth, confining him there for a short time.-Rev. 12:79-, 12...So, why wasn't it also mentioned that is when Jesus came into power in Heaven. Why, because when we are all either too old or dead, this too will change. If 1914, is written in stone & so true why wasn't it mentioned. Why, because in time, it will be an old light. Because today's truths are tomorrow's lies. The WT doesn't want to be held to 1914, if the light gets brighter. Then if they added it to the revised NWT, in a few years they would have to write another revised NWT.

If 1914 is the truth, it should be in their Bible, but just the fact that they didn't mention it....proves, they just may not be able to keep spinning it.

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit