Sorry posters JWs leaders will not "change" 1914 or 144,000 "literal to figurative "doctrine

by booker-t 15 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I actually called Bethel a few weeks ago and I was shocked that I actually got thru to the writing dept. I was abit nervous but I asked the JW writer if there was going to be a change in doctrine. I thought he was going to immediately hang up on me thinking "apostate caller" but he was actually nice and we talked for a while. I could tell he was a company man and basically he just more or lest told me that as of now the doctrines will not be changed and if they do get changed the GB will let everyone know at the same time. I felt this was his way of saying he has not heard of any future change or talk of change. If there has been talk of change I do believe he would have fumbled and hesistated but he was straight foward with me and I was shocked because I expected dodging, fumbling, hanging up the phone from him but he was a nice guy.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That's basically what I got back to a 14 page letter I sent them about the subject of mediator. What they believe is what they believe and when and if they change they will publish it.

• booker-t
    booker-t

Crazyguy that is so true what you say about their changes will be when they publish them. I have heard for many years that the JWs leaders study apostate literature so they can fight back the opposers. It is like a football team having the other teams playbook. You have to know what your critics are saying about you in order to be prepared. Alot of apostates/ex-jws think that the GB are trembling in their boots about apostate websites/books/tv shows, etc; but I think the JWs leaders are actually laughing at apostates/ex-jws for underestimating them. The leaders know everything critics are saying. I will never forget when the 3 elders showed up at my door for a committee meeting and I had a smug look on my face thinking I was going to show them all of the skeletons and one of the elders smiled at me at said "Oh I know about Beth Sarim and 1925" Judge Rutherford really made a blunder with that one but Jehovah did not make that prophecy Judge rutherford did".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have heard for many years that the JWs leaders study apostate literature so they can fight back the opposers.

They must spend hours reading this board.

I wonder if they count their time doing so?

I'm convinced that the best ideas that surface here are the seeds for JW doctrinal changes.

The GB does not realize that their greatest minds have already left the building.

Doc

• steve2
    steve2

I'm surprised you got through!

Two thoughts:

First, be aware that perhaps even the writers do not have the same longer-term view that 'the movers and shakers' do. This is an organization that, as time passes, has learnt how to drip feed changes so that there's hardly a blip on the horizon. You say that you detected nothing that indicated the writer hesitated when you asked questions.

Second, don't you realize these guys are pros - and are very, very unlikely to let the cat out of the bag anyway.

BTW did the writer give his name or ask for yours (it would seem the decent thing for him to have done - even if it would come across as sizing you up)?

• Island Man
    Island Man

booker-t, what that brother in the writing dept told you, means nothing. I mean, if changes in 1914 and 144,000 teachings really are imminent, do you actually think that the brother in the writing dept woud tell you so and pre-empt the Governing Body's official revelation of it at an annual meeting or some other official means? Do you seriously think you can take that brother's word for it? Are you still indoctrinated? This is the most important statement that the brother made:

" if they do get changed the GB will let everyone know at the same time."

The brother could have simply used theocratic warfare on you. Think: From the brother's standpoint, do you have a right to know of future doctrinal changes before the GB announces it? No. So why would the brother confirm any changes? Even if the brother heard unofficial whispers of future changes he's not going to talk, because he can just reason to himself that techinically speaking it's just rumors and he hasn't heard anything official from the GB.

I'm not saying the changes will take place. I'm only saying that you shouldn't gullibly accept as truth, what a Watchtower rep tells you - especially when that Watchtower rep has ample reason to withhold such information from you. Think about it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ohhhh yes they will. Just be patient. Just wait 15-20 years.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The more they hold onto these positions the better, because they can be easily disproved.

• steve2
    steve2

booker-t, it's great you cared enough to phone them up and even speak to one of the writers. But honestly, it's hardly "investigative" reporting. It seemed like a tame set of questions with even tamer replies. And, wide-eyed (or wide-eared?), you brought it, hook, line and sinker.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Booker. T...looks like you got the 'diplomaticotelephonio ' treatment, what else did you expect ...newlightiotelephonio !!.its never gonna happen.

They already have their noooo light channel and it aint by telephone.

Best wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit