LIVE from Ford Field international DO

by darth frosty 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

Judging by the traffic, it SEEMS to be attendence levels for a big game at Comerica Park or something - but that COULD be because Witnesses are clueless about parking/maneuvering downtown and making it a worse cluster-cuss than it normally is.

Also, the Downtown Kingdom Hall hilariously has ben working the past two months in renovating their outside and making it look prettier for some reason (why couldn't it just be what it is?).

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

FYI

I AM NOT ATTENDING!!!

I work downtown and had to deal with them and the traffic.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

yesterday the international delegates from the Ford Field international DO were corralled to the river area so they could wave at the canadian witnesses on the other side. What a show!!!

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

a little over 33,000 for morning session. go to detroitdelegates.org to see history of witnesses in detroit area. they

old pics of knorr. usa today printed article today as well.

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

I'm live posting from my loft balcony as I watch them all walk by.

I don't think I've seen anyone under 40 outside of a few kids and one single mother since I've been watching them walk.

I saw someone from my old hall that had too much tunnel vision to even notice me.

My dogs can't stand all the people walking by and bark at them.

90% of the people look tired and depressed. Only around 10% have smiled or waved even with my cute dogs showing off for them.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Paco, thanx for your observations. Maybe you could post some more over the weekend? And that's a really cute dog!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Seeing those pictures of women in ankle length dresses (surely they look weird dressed like that ?) plodding along to the Convention site brought back the terrible sinking in to depression feeling I used to get as I walked in to a Convention.

I can almost feel that black emotion now, not just remember it, feel it.

I suppose it was knowing I had hours of bum-numbing boredom ahead, as some numpty on the Platform droned on about nothing interesting enough for me to commit to memory, but I also wonder now if deep down I was not really feeling that I was trapped in a Cult, that it simply was not right. That I just should not have been there.

Yuk, I won't be looking at any more pictures, but thanks for posting.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for the photos guys. I am so glad we won't be there this year. Who knew a year ago when we attended, I thought we would be there again the next year. How things have changed. I remember all the tired and short tempered JWs at the DCs. I remember the bored faces and the sleeping ones. How much I would love to free them.

One step at a time I guess. Slowly slowly.

Kate xx

• losingit
    losingit

I'm originally from NYC so I can say this-- OMG that place looks like trash! And this is an international convention!??! WHOA

• BlackSwan of Memphis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit