Big Time Hypocrite

by Iamallcool 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Good posts!

I always felt the JW religion was a good-ole boys club and they will protect a man at any cost and will stoop to anything.

I heard several instances over the years where two people committed fornication and in EVERY case the woman was DF'd and the man got a reproof and a slap on the wrist. Is this a coincidence? I think not.

This biased shit is reason enough for me not to want anything to do with this religion and I am glad I'm OUT of there. I felt it was an insult to my intelligence to stay there.

sparrowdown:

Your shocking story doesn't surprise me in the least.

pbrow:

I can understand being furious as you were and probably the biggest reason was the lack of justice that you encountered. That would be enough to make anybody angry. I agree that it is healthiest to "move on" and put this religion behind you because you will never be "right" with these idiots.

However, I am glad the religion is being exposed so that people actually know what really goes on there and that it is certainly NO "spiritual paradise"....I can't believe anybody ever believed that nonsense.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

LongHairGal - Since you mention the Cult is nothing but a boys club, that reminds me of an elder who's son knocked up just about all females in the 5 boroughs of New York City. His dad was in danger of losing his elder status in his Cong, so he transferred to another Cong on Long Island, so he could retain his title, How about that? Jah's spirit at work indeed !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The poor men have no option but to marry either vindictive, controlling nags or bj-giving whores. What's a Watchtower-lovin' elder to do?!

My vote would be to marry the BJ-giving whore.

Can't stand to be nagged, but.....................well, I won't go there. Might violate rules.

Doc

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The thing is if someone has decided they want a divorce they should be free to ask for one without having to stoop to such lengths.

This guy who went to the prostitute, I always felt thought that he did it because he wanted to provide her with scriptural divorce grounds so she could remarry. In some warped way he felt he was doing her a favor. And seeing how she reacted possibly bears out that theory.

Personally, I would have just walked away, if the guy wants out that bad just let him go already, who wants that in their life.

What this story highlights to me, is how utterly cruel it is to impose a "you must have scriptural reasons for divorce or you are not free to remarry"rule.

It is completely unrealistic to not expect that in real life relationships break down. Look at King Davids sordid little love life.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Iamallcool,

Welcome. Long time. I hope you are doing well.

Scott77

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

(I never was a dub.)

Interesting thread and it shows just how religion can complicate things. I recently watched a programme on BBC iplayer about marriage in the Middle Ages. No need for anyone else involved, just the couple exchanging promises and that was that.

It's a fact of life, I think, that people can change over the years and I no longer think that marriage must be for life. My first one was pretty good and lasted for 20+ years but we weren't the same people and divorced amicably and are still amicable. My second was short and bitter-sweet yo a knife-happy Filipina. (Incidentally, the Philippines and Vatican City are the last two countries in the world where there is no divorce).

Interestingly, my fundie protestant brother-in-law told me after my divorce from ex-wife #1 that because I divorced her for adultery (sounds worse than it is - she found a new boyfriend before I found a new girlfriend) I was OK in the eyes of god to remarry. I thanked him for his observations.

Marriage is important, of course, but mainly because it's a legal contract and affects all sorts of stuff. I can respect those with long marriages - but I know couples who live in misery because it would be 'wrong' to separate.

Personally (but then I would say this, wouldn't I?) I don't think that the end of a marriage is a sign of failure, any more than I would say that moving on from long-held religious beliefs is a failure. People change, and we only get one shot at this life. Some gird their loins and move on, some decide to stay with what they know because they are uncomfortable moving into the unknown.

(I have, unusually, restrained myself from mentioning BJs or working girls - 'whores' is pejorative.)

• twice shy
    twice shy

hmmmm. So sad he didn't get to enjoy his BJ.

So sad. That story just took all the joy out of it for him. (shaking my head)

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Gotta love the humor, irony and satire - and you have got to appreciate a guy who visits a hooker to be fair to the wife he's leaving! LOL!

Marina

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

There was one missionary, right now I can't think where, and this "could" have been a branch overseer, was DF'd for visiting prostitutes. His answer to the question why? was he felt he deserved it after all of his many years of faithful service.

LL

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I know a brother in the next congo to mine, where I grew up. A very nice couple, both JW's, but seemingly that was not enough??? lol

To free himself, he went to Las Vegas and got a girl. His wife just happened to be visiting the same Hotel with her Grandmother and saw them.

After he got back and confessed to her and the Elder's he got DF and they got divorced. I don't think she ever told him she saw him. She remarried a man of her choice and was happy.

Hi Janet if you are out there!

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit