How Many Prayed Out Loud whilst they were at a restaurant?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I have a couple of inlaws who are the superpioneer type and pull this crap. That scripture about the Pharisees praying to be seen nails it for me. Gag alert!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have been in groups where they did the silent prayer, which was nothing more than a quick meditation to give the beady-eyed monster more psychic energy. I viewed it as more or less a waste of time.

To be fair, I was working at a diner one evening, and there was a table where the parents instructed the family to thank Jesus three times (they did the thanking itself once, but they told the children three times). I don't recall hearing the blessing(??) itself, but that incident shows that jokehovians do not have the monopoly in embarrassing people by thanking joke-hova (a malicious being out to enslave the human race while imposing political correctness to serve as a blind to do this) or Jesus (who is nothing more than a model of the perfect slave). I believe that family was a fundamentalist xian--not even in the LIE-ble belt.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I have been with others and they would do it and I hated it because it was so embarrassing. We also had a couple we ate out with and they would leave lousy tips and I would always add money to it. They finally caught on and started giving more.

We had another couple that we would go out with after the Thursday night meeting. The guy would always bow his head and say a silent prayer while his wife, my husband and I would continue to talk and eat.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Actually that was really funny story! You kept your head down in your soup good move! I use to get really embarrassed when JWs prayed in resturants.

I am from a big family and we went out to all you can eat places. Many Jws friends of my brothers would meet us out! No prayers but lots if eating contest! Boys will be boys!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thankfully this is one sin I did not commit.

(See Blondie's comments above).

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Good point Blondie! and WtW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

One would have been too many.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I remember my uncle when their were 20 of use... 3 related families.. many kids.. in,lcuding me.. I have alot of cousins...

He was sitting down but got up and said in a typical Elder Voice:

"Jehovah our father we... etc.."

Very loud... everyone in the restaurant could hear.

And the end he said ..."In Jesus name Amen"

A lady at a nearby table said: "Hallelujah!" My uncle sat down and said to her: You have no idea who you're talikng about lady!

I was only 7.. but some thing you don't forget.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you everybody. There were some gems in there. You guys made me laugh! Thanks for sharing the misery. lol

Jam in a Chinese restaurant and you were like alien's but your fellow JW's said, Oh what a great witness that was! lol

Aunt Fancy. I am glad you added to your waiters tips.

HowTheBibleWasCreated . That is funny a worldly lady saying hallelujah at the end of your Uncle's prayer. lol

I have only associated with JW's and many are way cheap.

SarahSmile ... No. I didn't bend in double with my face, skimming my soup. I think that looks unsightly. I held my head up... And obviously I had my eyes open, possibly (me??? lol ) looking around,

with my eyes, not moving my head or shoulders, that is why I noticed the waiter and maybe that is why he thought everything was normal and he could just start talking. It was so very funny.

All together for this grand occasion, there were 8 adults and 7 children, all to be covered by a $2.00 tip. lol

LL

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The woman descibed as "wordly" (can we now drop that self righteous phrase)

who said "Hallelujah" was doing so in support of the prayer, in a spirit of joy

and connection she felt to what she thought she was seeing, Christians, but she

got slapped in the face by the self righteous JW man. She really did have no idea

about who these arrogant, anti-Christ, doomsday cult people were,and how they

had judged her already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit