What's more to blame- the WT or the bible?

by keyser soze 27 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Aren't they both just differen't variations of the same lie? The only difference is the scale on which their impact on humanity is measured. That, and the fact that the bible can exist without the WT, but not vice versa.

But at the end of the day, what's the difference between claiming to be the inspired word of God, or the one true religion? They both involve presumptuous men invoking the name of an invisible being to, a)Command subservience from other humans, and b)Justify their own abhorrent beliefs and actions.

I'm not trying to exonerate the WT, by any means. They have blood on their hands, as does any group or person that controls others, and then washes its hands of the consequences by claiming divine guidance. But without the bible, such people wouldn't exist to begin with.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Islam exists more or less without the Bible, but I take your point, and it is a good one.

A good one because if you ever get an honest hearted JW to talk to, one who really is interested in Truth, you can show them that the Bible is not at all what they think, it is not "inspired of god" in any way, it is not to be trusted, and it contains a miniscule amount of truth, all of which truth is expressed better than in the Bible.

So, as the W.T claims all its teachings are "based on the Bible", where does that leave their teachings ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm not trying to exonerate the WT, by any means. They have blood on their hands, as does any group or person that controls others, and then washes its hands of the consequences by claiming divine guidance. But without the bible, such people wouldn't exist to begin with......Keysor Soze

.....................Those people would exist regardless..

.............If They Didn`t Have A "BIBLE" To Beat You With..

........................They Would Use A "TOILET SEAT"..

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Those people would exist regardless..

Maybe, but it is only by claiming divine inspiration that they are able to wield power over others, just as the bible wields power by making the same claim.

• sir82
    sir82

People were doing horrendous things to other people long before the bible even existed.

The real problem is more general: Person or Group A convincing Person or Group B to do evil, because "God told me to tell you to do it".

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Islam does not exist without the bible. Read the Quran.. Christians and Jews are 'People of the Scripture. Moses reveal the Law... David the Psalms... Jesus the Gospel and Mohammud the Quran... The numbers of stories in the Quran that are based on the bible take up half the Quran. The rest is divided into

Praising Allah

Prasing the prophet

elling other how to live.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WTS first, Bible a (somewhat) distant second.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

Those people would exist regardless..

+1

Could not have said it better.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

This reminds me of the age old line I have heard in America all my life. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." While I admantly disagree with this statement as it relates to guns, I do agree with it as it relates to the bible. The bible is a book. A book can't hurt you. People on the other hand ...

It's all what you do with it. Use it as a doorstop and no one gets hurt.

• Listener
    Listener

The bible is just the tool. It is men who misuse it to promote their own agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit