800 Infant Bodies Found in a Septic Tank at Roman Catholic Children's Home

by cofty 43 Replies latest social current

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Jeannette, I have old family ties to the South. It is very interesting to read what you say. I have never heard that before. I never heard of white "folk" being slaves.

If you have the opportunity to talk with this fellow again, I am very curious about his story and what part of Tennessee he was from.

You were considered "black" I believe if you had up to 1/8th blood in you. I don't really have very much Irish blood in me so have not read up on any of their early American 'dis'adventures .

LL

• Giordano
    Giordano

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/06/06/800-dead-babies-are-probably-just-the-beginning/?hpid=z1

By Martin Sixsmith June 6 at 1:03 PM author of 'Phiomena' which was adapted for the screen last year.

"..........Sadly, the mass grave at Tuam is probably not unique.

Tuam was only one of a dozen mother and baby homes in Ireland in the years after the Second World War, all of which treated their inmates in a similar fashion. I discovered that the girls were refused medical attention, including painkillers, during even the most difficult births; the nuns told them the pain was the penance they must pay for their sin.

For those who survived, the psychological trauma has endured. Philomena and thousands like her were forced to look after their babies for up to four years, bonding with them before they were taken away to be adopted. Many went to families in the United States in return for substantial “donations”; lack of proper vetting meant some were handed over to abusive parents. The mothers were told they were moral degenerates, too sullied to keep their babies. The nuns said they would burn in hell if they spoke to anyone about their children or what had been done with them.

The warped code of honour behind the decades of silence had been inculcated by an all-powerful Catholic Church. For much of the late 20th century, the Irish civil authorities were in thrall to the hierarchy; Archbishop John Charles McQuaid threatened pulpit denunciations if the government contradicted his policies. So the state connived in the mother and baby homes, paying the nuns at Tuam and all the other homes a per capita rate for every inmate.

With hindsight, the church argues that it was performing a socially necessary task, helping to solve the problem of “illegitimate” children. It is true that pregnant girls would have been shunned by their families and left with no one to turn to. But the fact is that the church itself had created the problem by the stigma it attached to unmarried sex — and by its refusal to allow contraception or sex education in any form. Philomena was typical of the thousands who became pregnant through ignorance. She says she “didn’t even know which end the baby would come out.

................Even more importantly, the state and church could open the records to assist the hundreds of parted mothers and children who are still searching for each other. The nuns blocked Philomena in her quest to find her son. They thwarted others whose children were taken from them at Tuam and elsewhere. That shouldn’t be allowed to continue."

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Lois, unfortunately the Brother has passed away. But, yes, white people were slaves. You are computer literate it wouldn't be hard for you to get the facts. I don't want to go and on because I don't have the links for you, but since you are interested, I'll post what I can. Not to get off topic, but white girls from the Ukraine and Russia, because of the hardships and poverty, are talked into going to a foreign country to work as housecleaners, cooks, and other jobs. Unfortunately, they were talked into this by sleazeballs, and end up in brothels in Tel Aviv. There are over 200 brothels in Tel Aviv, and these beautiful little girls are forced to have sex with up to 16 perverts a day. Their pimp gets a certain price. a big number, they get a pittance. Out of that they have to buy their meals from a lady that comes to their room, and whatever else. This is very easily proven through the wonderful pages of the Internet. Just breaks your heart. One girl managed to escape, went to the police station, they send her back to her pimp. He beat her up really bad.

Jeannette... Yes, Thank you. I just finished reading, educating myself very briefly on this subject. I am astounded. I had no idea.

LL

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Lois, that's what we're here for-to help one another, to educate one another, and by this, we can expose the hypocrits that are in government and religion, and by so doing, we can have such a wonderful feeling of enlightenment. As far as Irish slaves in the South, and you said you had roots here, and also irish ancestry, you have a lot to learn about the South. At one time, before that Civil War, it was a beautiful place inhabited by Germans, Scots, Irish and English people. They built beautiful homes, planted crops and lived a wonderful life. Charleston is a semblance of that. Then the war and the "slash and burn" mentality of the demon war-mongers. People were burnt sacrifices in their homes. It is said that the South lost a wonderful, wonderful gene-pool that will never be replaced. There are several Irish festivals around here, Celtic Festivals if you will, and now that I'm not slaving for the Watchtower, I'm getting involved in going and learning a little of my heritage. Perhaps you can do the same. P.S. I go to www.grizzom.com for most of my knowledge. Those guys are from Ireland, Sweden, and Atlanta and all around. The site is not censored, so there is bad language. Most of the reporters are quite young, but not all. It also is known as mami's shit.com. Love.

Lol... Looks like you found yourself some fun. I have not been to the Carolina's or Georgia or Virginia.

I do not really have any Irish blood. Lots of English and Scottish.

I will PM you who is my Irish relative.

LL

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I have to correct the website. It's www.grizzom.blogspot.com. Lois, I also have the Scottish and English ancestry, but I've heard from those that go to the Festivals and perform that the Scottish and Irish were so intermarried that if you're one, you're the other. That's heresay, but sounds right. Do you have red hair? ha ha

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Giordano some of the girls probably got pregnant by the priests. That is another sad time in our history, and I like to think that they're going to get their due, but I don't know. Seems like the more evil one is the more they get away with. This just proves the wickedness of Christianity. The "turn the other cheek" is shit, to put it mildly. One is always made to feel quilty, unworthy, and only worthy of a punishment of some kind. Churches tell you you're going to hell, the Watchtower tells you that you are a worthless slave. Come on folks, give us some reason to feel good about ourselves, we try to be good. Religion has been put in force just to control the population, that's all.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Giordano some of the girls probably got pregnant by the priests. That is another sad time in our history, and I like to think that they're going to get their due, but I don't know. Seems like the more evil one is the more they get away with. This just proves the wickedness of Christianity. The "turn the other cheek" is shit, to put it mildly. One is always made to feel quilty, unworthy, and only worthy of a punishment of some kind. Churches tell you you're going to hell, the Watchtower tells you that you are a worthless slave. Come on folks, give us some reason to feel good about ourselves, we try to be good. Religion has been put in force just to control the population, that's all.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit