Worry Over Possible "Spying Elders"

by abbasgreta 20 Replies latest jw friends

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

This seems to be a real worry for 'faders' on a number of threads. The responses to Ducati's first posting

is a good example. We chose not to fade, but cut the cord by DA immediately. Cost us family (my mother

has found out we're church-goers and "shunning" doesn't even come close to her feelings) and 'associates'

who, frankly were never our 'friends'. No regrets.

As 'faders' you could suffer under this S.E syndrome for years. Has anyone

actually fallen fowl of one? Does their filthy deceit make them legally culpable?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've worried about it and I guess I still do. Haven't had any though. We moved, just in case.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

If it weren't for family still in...it would be so easy!

But the longer I'm out, the easier it is to remind myself that I'm in charge, not them. Still a work in progress but getting better most every day.

• Fernando
    Fernando

They wouldn't dare - terrified of hearing us talk about the liberating gospel of grace which they carefully hide from their followers and worshippers.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I worried about it in the beginning, but I would rather be out with 7 billion "normal" people, then "in" with 7 million WT/GB controlled drones.

But, I still am fading for personal reasons, otherwise I would strip off the bandage and state my real name.

I am EMBARRASSED I was ever a JW. I do not tell anyone in my new life I was one. Oh, so maybe when the time comes, I won't be stating my real name here.

LoisLane

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

I tried googling "imposter" to determine if such an elder could be breaking the law, or possibly Human Rights, as their

intentions are to ultimately destroy their 'target's' relationship with their family through the disfellowshipping that would

ensue. Also their 'spying' and subsequent reporting of their 'evidence' would ultimately result in the fader losing their right to religious freedom

( to be a jw) which is deffo a Human Rights violation. Sadly, didn't get very far.

To any 'spying elder' possibly reading this, you are a despicable, deceitful low-life using satanic 'crafty acts' to destroy lives.

This is what the organisation has made you into. "Outside (the kingdom of God) are to be found ALL LIARS". Rev 22:15

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I will forever be BAFFLED by ANY fear of elders. They have exactly the power you give them......how can a 'fader' be worried about spying elders?

Most states have anti-stalking laws....simply mention it and they will scatter like cockroaches.

Gone are the days of spying, sitting out front of homes in cars, etc. They can be arrested!

Don't answer the phone. If they leave a threatening message; keep it......contact an attorney and have a letter drafted on stationary threatening legal action......CC the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society on the letter.

Seriously......stop fearing these jokers.........99% of elders can't find where there arse is!!!

By the way....you would be amazed at what happens when you disfellowship THEM..........shun them!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I agree with daringhart13.

The only "power" the elders have is the "power" we give them...or allow them to have over us!

They are only "powerful" in a small circle..."A big fish in a small bowl"...

They are as unimportant as the leader of the local scout group, or basketball coach, or supermarket manager is... In other words, they are only powerful to those who are under them in thier immediate small circle of influence!

Choose to allow yourself not to be intimidated by them...be polite, but remember that you owe them nothing...especially not any explanation for your life choices.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

LoisLane, I have the same feelings as you. I am EMBARRASSED that I was ever a jw. But information is so much easier to find now w/o even leaving home.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

no elder is above courtesy. yeah, just be polite, agreeable, they owe you nothing. just screen all of your incoming calls, never answer your door for anyone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit