Shaving: Wet or Electric?

by FL_Panthers 17 Replies latest jw friends

• pronomono
    pronomono

I've used quite a few Remington and Norelco electric rotary shavers since I was 18. A razor blade has never touched my face. I haven't found an electric shaver that gives a good clean shave, even when using the electric pre-shave creams. So I always look like I have a 5'oclock shadow. My beard only seems to grow when I sleep at night, so my shadow hasn't ever been an issue. Consumer Reports claim foil shavers get a slightly closer shave.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I use a single edged safety razor. Apply some shave oil, then use a brush to apply the lather. It is the best shave you will ever have. The new triple bladed gizmos are hard on my face as I have very soft skin [ wink ]. One very sharp old time razor is better because you actually make less passes over the skin. If you have the curse of a course beard and soft skin, like me, the less passes the better.

Then I finish with some oil. I think it works great and the blades are affordable. I could shave every day, but I don't. If I have to shave for consecutive days, like the upcoming puke-fest RC, a single edge is a must. Anything else will tear my face up.

DD

• TOTH
    TOTH

Male and wet.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I WAX MY FACE ONCE A WEEK. I WAX MY CHEST, ARMPITS AND GENITALS ONCE A ... just kidding. My god that hurts to even imagine.

Butt seriously, I use Gillette Good News disposables. I get many shaves from one. Rinse and dry on the towel, they are the same blades used in the sexy $5.00 jobs.

Interesting topic. In the past month I have been through several medical procedures that involve electrodes taped to my hairy chest, IV's taped to my hairy arms and the removal of tape is more painful than the needles, etc.

• steve2
    steve2

Evidently there is no official Watchtower view on this question. Even so, it is no small matter to risk running ahead of Jehovah's organization on matters great or small. Be careful folks.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@TOTH- "Male and wet"? sounds like a club for male strippers.

I have no idea why I am reading this op BTW.

• prologos
    prologos

dry

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

I used to shave using Braun electric shavers. I also used to do it twice a week. found out that wet shaving is quicker and better. The electric one gets hot on the skin and starts irritating.

The downside of wet shaving you don’t get the smooth fell of electric ones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit