How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job

by Londo111 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
  • designs
    designs

We all got suckered by the Big guy in the Bible.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That looks like an interesting read.

Thanks for posting, Londo!

• Londo111
    Londo111

The scary thing is that is makes me question a friendship I had in the cult. Perhaps I was doubly emeshed in the webs of sociopaths.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Hmmm, sounds familiar:

This is the other dominant factor we see in dangerous sociopaths: An odd obsession with dead things, rotting things, putrid things... things that would cause a normal, mentally balanced person to shrink away in horror.

Jim Jones was a master at invoking spiritual concepts and presenting himself as spiritually evolved.

Reminds me of the armageddon drawings in the wt books and mags....so disgusting and violent, with the phony-happy jw family calmly walking off into "paradiseā„¢".

And the rev. Jones could have been a gb member..

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This article has pin pointed Watch Tower's leaders, exactly.

Christianity is supposed to be about helping each other. Doing things in a Christian loving, kind way.

Not shunning or forbidding contact with friends and family members. Not counting your hours on a time sheet.

Not protecting pedophiles and being a good old Boys Club twisting and cherry picking scriptures to suit themselves.

Not play nu -lite, old-lite and if you don't keep up with our nu -thought of the day, we will kick you out, and we will make sure nobody talks to you.

Where Jesus is cited as throwing money changers out of his Father's Temple, GB/WT are financially raping it's downtrodden members, to help themselves out financially and to make sure they survive. They do not care about anyone else.

WT/GB are acting like religious mafia Pope's, without any care or thought for the little guy and his family. They are the only one's that count.

They are all sociopaths. Smiling but rotten to the core.

Controlling, liars and murderers.

Their way or the highway.

I am so happy to be driving the highway with other's who had been sucked into the WT/GB/JW religion... We woke up and left, and now we are free.

LoisLane

• Londo111
    Londo111

Amen.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Amen to what "for Superman" said.

• Heaven
    Heaven

cultbgone said: And the rev. Jones could have been a gb member..

Very true. It only takes one nut job with power and influence and suddenly, everyone is literally drinking the spiked kool-aid hoping for paradise.

All religion has the potential to become deadly.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit