How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job

by Londo111 19 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sociopaths are masters are presenting themselves as heroes with high morals and philosophy, yet underneath it they are the true criminal minds in society who steal, undermine, deceive, and often incite emotional chaos among entire communities. They are masters at turning one group of people against another group while proclaiming themselves to be the one true savior. Wherever they go, they create strife, argument and hatred, yet they utterly fail to see their own role in creating it. They are delusional at so many levels that their brains defy logical reasoning. Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036112_sociopaths_cults_influence.html##ixzz33bowTevD

Carl Rove, Dick Cheney, Fox News. Excellent examples.

• Mikado
    Mikado

Just some observations...

I worked with a psychopath, the descriptions are spot on, BUT

beware of natural news, the irony of them warning of nut cases is classic.

Do you really think most people, organizations and governments are lieing to you all the time?

and that there is far more bad in the world than good?

Im a very sceptical person, and even I don't believe that....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There is good in the world and bad in the world. There is good in people and there is bad in people. There is good in government and bad in government. There is good in religion and there is bad in religion.

Sociopathic behavior in religion, politics and government happens right along with good, alutruistic behaviors. I see a lot of good and a lot of bad.

It's a good, even essential life skill to be able to sort out the sociopaths and their machinations, from the good, positive people and their efforts to contribute good things to us as individuals and to society and nature.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Agreed!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

by this measure the watchtower org is a sociopath and turns many of its followers into sociopaths too, especially in the area of attacking messengers who prove the lies wrong. All ten of those points apply to the wt org, and it does its level best to make its followers into zombie copies of itself.

• Londo111
    Londo111

People have to become somewhat sociapathic to believe that shortly God would rightfully kill seven billion people for not responding to a JW waking them up on Saturday morning to give them a couple of magazines.

As Steven Hassan said, people under undue influence have an authentic identity and a cult identity. The cult identity seems quite sociopathic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Be honest, Londo, did you ever feel comfortable with the idea that Jehovah would off billions of people on a technicality? I sure didn't. I would often ponder and lament about people, not famous and famous that I liked so much and didn't think deserved such a fate. I used to think, "Wow, this new system thing would be so much better served if billions didn't need to be offed. But rather Jehovah just stepped in and said, 'Okay, enough already you earthlings. Now it's time to straighten this mess out. Looka here, I'm in charge from now on. We're gonna fix all the stuff you messed up and get things going right. While I'm at it, I'm going to fix all of you, too. I'm the high anti-oxidant god. I'm going to stop those free radicals in their tracks and make sure you have all the right neurotransmitters and stuff.' "

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I am not new to the board, had to change my monkier - however, I am dealing with a family sociopath right now and it is a terrible situation. Lies, blame, not accepting responsibility for actions, wanting money, cant hold a job, totally angry, sometimes violent, next minute, all smiles, as if nothing happened, so your left wondering what just happened? Am I crazy? You can talk and talk and nothing penetrates, says will do it right, never does, says will take care of personal issues, always taking and never giving, never changes -- you feel like your in a loop and no end in sight.. over and over, the same things happen -- meds are not to be taken seriously, or taking weed to compement presc meds, and on and on.. so much so legal protect order in play, they do not respect laws and NEVER admit to anything wrong, not their fault..... last word is "run" and remove all contact if at all possible. There is no changing a sociopath. Feigns sympathy and caring, can come across as a loving person but once you see the real person, it is scary.

They emote chaos, they live in chaos, and make everyones elses lives chaos...

• Londo111
    Londo111

FlyingHighNow: It was a teaching that I struggled with tremendouslly.

• James Brown
    James Brown

My first hand experience locking them up in the county jail is, they suck their thumbs when they sleep.

And they wet their pants at night.

If I see them suckng their thumbs at night, I end up having to give them clean drawers.

And I look at their charges and they have animal cruelity and abuse on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit