NATIONAL ASSEMBLY HALL SCANDAL

by The Searcher 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Towards the end of last year, the Witnesses in Scotland had their own Assembly Hall opened in the town of Livingston, near Edinburgh the capital.

This was achieved no doubt by blood, sweat, and tears by many over a very long period - as well as by donations of Witnesses from all over Scotland and its islands, not forgetting the LEVY per publisher imposed on all the congregations in the guise of "donations"!

Was the Org grateful for the sacrifices which were made to bring a great "shout of praise" to whoever? Nope! Not one word!

I've searched JW.ORG and the literature, but I can't find a single mention of this NATIONAL Assembly Hall!!

Brothers & sisters in Scotland - it appears that the Glorious Ones in the London Branch, never mind HQ, regard you all as nothing more than contributors to their real estate empire, and don't merit a mention in their propaganda.

Incidentally, the KH attached to the NATIONAL Assembly Hall has a huge bank balance!!!! https://www.oscr.org.uk/search-charity-register/charity-extract/?charitynumber=sc005223

I wonder who could be eyeing up this mega-amount of cash?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

hey thanks for the link!

wow. I wish I could find more financial links such as this for other areas. Is anyone putting together research on this? I hope so. I wish I had the ability to do that. Maybe I will eventually use my research skills to do just that. At the moment I can only focus on my family.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

What's interesting is the glaring imbalance between income and expenditures.

I'm dumbfounded as to how WT can gain "charity" status in whatever country it operates in, yet it never does anything remotely charitable.

By what standard does a charity take in money but distribute virtually none of it??

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

AndDon'tCallMeShirley, you are not alone in being "dumbfounded" wondering how the WTBS have charity status.

Someone should write to the Charities Commission and ask for an investigation. I dread to think how much money they've been given over the years. And what exactly has been "done" with it.

Rip off merchants.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Can anyone even find out what the official name of this NATIONAL Assembly Hall is called?

All active Witnesses in the UK - have you even heard of this NATIONAL finished project?

Are you listening G.B.?

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Thanks The Searcher. Great information.

The link you provided is excellent.

If the rank-and-file were to become aware of how big the surplus is, donations would noticeably dry up.

When I was in 'the truth' (sic) it would've certainly stopped me from contributing for the forseeable future.

In the 4 years recorded in the link, the Income is a total of £634,026.

The Expenditure is £29,279.

Assuming a bank balance of NIL at the start of these 4 years gives a healthy profit of £604,747.

Shame on them.

Come on Charities Commission. DO SOMETHING.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the link. Great catch.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Standard definition of a charity:

charity

• n. noun
      1. Provision of help or relief to the poor; almsgiving.

2. Something given to help the needy; alms.

3. An institution, organization, or fund established to help the needy.

-----

WT definition of charity:

Charity: Real estate development and equity market diversification for the sole benefit of the Corporation provided by the free labor of the needy.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

We all are only contributors to WT's real estate empire.

We are used for what working skills or cash we have.

I wish all 7 1/2 million JW's would wake up and leave and take their money with them.

Oh. If I could live long enough to see GB's Empire crash and those in charge jailed for fraud and ruining good honest humble people's lives.

LoisLane

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Canadian WTBTS lists education as their charitable work. You know, the free distribution of educational literature. In full,

"The Society works with the Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah's Witnesses to administer a Bible education work. This includes the conducting of special training schools for those who take the lead in the preaching activity of Jehovah's Witnesses. During the 2013 fiscal year, The Society financially sponsored 54 annual conventions in 25 locations within Canada to promote our Bible education work. During the year, The Society's printery, in Georgetown, Ontario, printed material used in promoting Bible education. Included in this was: 164,256,081 copies of the semi-monthly Bible journal The Watchtower; 119,388,344 copies of Awake! (companion to The Watchtower); 14,992,659 Bible-based brochures; and 307,932,710 Bible-based tracts. These literature items were distributed at no charge to the general public and to congregation members throughout Canada, the United States, the Caribbean and Guyana. We financially supported charitable programs in other countries to further the worldwide Bible educational work of Jehovah's Witnesses. We also work with the Order of Special Full-TimeServants in administering an on-going program of constructing and renovating places of worship known as Kingdom Halls."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit