The do not call list

by LisaRose 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have decided to send a letter to Brooklyn and put up a no soliciting sign. I talked to the police last time, they advised me to put one up, they have gotten numerous complaints in the past about the JWs, the territories here get worked very frequently. I believe the police will act, they called me back within minutes last time, even though I said it was not an emergency, I was just wondering what steps I could take. I cannot put up a no trespassing sign, it's against the HOA rules, and I am on the HOA board.

Although it's kind of fun to toy with them, I have better things to do with my time, and I decided this is not how I wish to spend my precious energy.

Lol, I love the alligator meme!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I just thought of a great answer to any JC grilling a person for suspected apostasy.

When they ask, "do you believe in the Governing Body and their teachings?", just reply, "I'm from the Philippines".

ROFL!

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has established that they are not soliciting in the US Supreme Court, plus jws are told that the WTS does not solicit.

*** jl lesson 24 p. 27 How Is Our Worldwide Work Financed? ***

We do not tithe, charge dues, or take up collections. Although the costs of supporting our evangelizing work are high, we do not solicit money. Over a century ago, the second issue of the Watchtower magazine stated that we believe we have Jehovah as our backer and that we “will never beg nor petition men for support”—and we never have!—Matthew 10:8.

• Ding
    Ding

The GB doesn't solicit money.

As the faithful and discreet slave, they just order JWs to pony up...

• Chook
    Chook

Say to them you only talk to men with beards. Tell them it's a Jesus thing. Calling will guarantee cease

• jws
    jws

I think our territories had do-not-call entries on the back with a date. After a while, my dad would call on them, just to make sure the same person still lived there and it was still the arrangement. And then he'd note with a date if they were still wanting DNC. But he didn't try to preach. It was more a "still you?". I don't know if that would annoy people or not.

I am not known as a JW here as I was never a JW where I live. So nobody should know unless my father told them on one of his visits when he was alive. Or called on them to go visit me.

JWs are very few and far between here. I enjoy sparring with them on their topics when they do call. Last time, they continued to call and tried to force a study. I accepted, but fought this nimrod on every bit. Primarily it started over the use of the YHWH in the new testament. At our final meeting, I brought out some printouts of the Guardian article about their involvement in the UN. It's been about 3 years now. Haven't heard from them.

Now granted, I told them I had an ex-JW friend that told me about the UN so I looked it up. But I suppose he suspected that I was the apostate. He called a halt to our "study" saying we weren't getting anywhere. That we each held our opposing views and wouldn't budge.

• Chook
    Chook

I have a farm 400 acres. Drive through two private properties to get there. 20 km dirt road ,and two km grass and mud cannot be accessed unless 4WD.First neighbors 5 km away. Big Tony tight pants hasn't found me, only from heaven can he see my ranch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit