The do not call list

by LisaRose 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have posted before about my experience trying to get on the "do not call" list. Despite repeated requests, a phone call to the hall and mailing a letter, and then giving a copy to a JW, they just keep coming by. I was going to put up a no soliciting sign, then I can call the police on them, but my husband doesn't want me to do it.

So, I decided if they come back I would have some fun. It seemed like they were staying away, but then this morning, ding dong. I figure it must be a JW and sure enough, an older man by himself. He starts complimenting my house, garden and my Hollyhocks (which are amazing this year). I go along until he gets to the tract presentation. I told him that I should be on the do not call list, in fact I have asked eight times or more. He replies that he is from the Philippines. I say "what has that got to do with anything?". He has no answer, but he keeps trying. I mentioned that I was a former JW, talked about the lies about 1914, Candace Conti, child abuse cover-ups, etc. By now he must know I am an apostate I but he still keep trying to engage in a discussion, and this is not the first time this has happened. Isn't that a no no? It's like they cannot believe what I am telling them, I guess because I don't have horns, a tail and cloven hooves, lol. I guess I don't look the type. It's so weird though.

So talks about God getting rid of all the disobedient people. I ask him point blank "So, you are OK with God murdering all the children of these people or those in China who have never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses? He couldn't answer me, tries to say something else, but I say "Its a yes or no question". Then another brother comes to the sidewalk in front of my house, he looks agitated and tells the first guy he needs to go. He tells me "You are on the do not call list". He looks scared, I guess he knows I am big, bad scary apostate. I said "I will put up a no soliciting sign and the next time I will call the police. They have gotten a lot of complaints about you". I felt a bit sorry for the first guy, he looked a bit of a sad sack, rumpled suit, collar unbuttoned, yellow stained teeth. But come on, if they have a do not call list they should respect it, otherwise why have it in the first place?

At this point I don't even care anymore, if they are too incompetent to respect the do not call list, then they are going to get challenged. I gave them fair warning.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Well at least you may have planted some seeds...

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

You obviously do not live in the South. I would tell them to get off my property and that I was getting the gun.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Cultbgone, I seriously doubt it, but you never know. He looked like a lifer, thought he would be petting lions by now, but still patiently waiting for millions of people to be murdered so he can do so, a bit puzzled as to why it hasn't happened by now, but not enough to question anything.

Mrhhome, I don't even care if they come back anymore, I kind of like to give them a hard time. I think it's kind of a reverse witness either way. They have to make an effort not to call on me, if they don't, look out, I am getting a few licks in.

• label licker
    label licker

Over here we have no trespassing signs. They will not come on the property or they know they can be charged.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

The last time they came to my door I told them I was an apostate and they have not been back since.

• talesin
    talesin

I had them coming to my house after repeated calls to the KH to be put on the DNC list.

The last time, I got home and there were two women nosing around the back door, and I challenged them, asking "Are you Jehovah's Witnesses? Well, please check the Territory card, because you are not welcome here. Don't come back."

Okay, I admit to feeling a twinge of empathy for them, but not much. Like you, I have lost patience with their pious bullshit.

tal

• kaik
    kaik

LisaRose, maybe the JW wanted to check if your house will be habitable after Armageddon so they can move in once the earth is cleansed from unbeliever. So far, I had only one visit from JW in past 20 years, and no single one at my present location. Maybe you planted seed of doubt into the truth.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I keep thinking I will not see them again, but they keep coming. I think part of it is that my neighborhood is newer homes built to look like houses from a century ago, Victoian, Craftsman and Italianate. All homes have a garage in the back, off of an alley, they all have front porches, picket fences and are designed in a "new urban" style, no big front lawn, houses are close to the street, but with nice landscaping. It's a very cute neighborhood, we are right on San Pablo bay, it's pretty sweet, at least to me. We get about 600 kids on Halloween, because we are known for our decorations, and its easy to get to a lot of houses. It seems people come from all over the area to trick or treat here.

Yes Kaik, I think the JWs like to come here to pick out their after Armageddon house, lol. Too bad, I am not leaving except feet first, and Armageddon is not coming. I am over worrying about them coming, it used to stress me out, where I lived before they never came, but I will just keep challenging them if they come, who knows, I may plant a seed. I have been contemplating becoming more active in some way to expose the lies of the Watchtower. I can no longer stand by while they continue to break up families and hide their past. I don't know what I will do, but I want to do something.

• kaik
    kaik

Maybe my areas have too small homes for JWs to stop by and check if they made nice move-in after Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit