• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Why is God always broke?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yeah, I always wondered why does God need money

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

How did God function before humans showed up to do his fundraising for him?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

good question,lol

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

You think God tried to tithe the dinosaurs to pay for a "Worldwide Jungle Improvement Fund"? Of course, under the guise of a final Theocratic push in the "momentous" last days of the Jurassic Period....

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

lol adcms im dying here......why does god need money indeed

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Some Churches have a Tithe of 10% The Seventh Day Adventists do.

Some churches do not believe in the Tithe and think its Old Testament.

The SDA do accomplish a lot of work with the money in building Hospitals

and providing free Medical Care and running schools and universities, and

SDA members value education and become doctors and nurses, engineers,

and they have a lot of outreach and giving programs all over the world.

So lets review: The Watchtower does what, exactly ?

Every other Christian Church on the Planet,

and that would be 2.3 billion Christians, all believe the scripture

in Matthew 25:31-46 " I was hungry and you gave me something to eat" ......

means exactly that, as in...when you help others in a practical way,

you are doing a sacred service, to God. The Watchtower tells

you the Mat:25 scripture means helping the Governing Body, giving to the "faithful

and discreet slave" as those eight anti-Christs call themselves. The Watchtower

gives no account of itself, has no transparency, no accountability. No Elder is

allowed to question or participate in any decision making or planning, they

simply exist to carry out orders and expel anyone who questions.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The fake notice that Zoos posted is closer to reality than you think. If a cong. misses a monthly EFT (Electrronic Funds Transfer) which is due on a certain day each month, they absolutely do get a notice. I've seen this personally. No late fee, of course, but definitely a notice.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

We are all having fun ripping the WT Society for money grubbing, but it is not much different than what they have been doing the last 20 years, and in some ways better.

Before: WT's RBC says a Kingdom Hall needs upgrades (maybe it does, maybe it doesn't). The work is done by unpaid volunteers, with donated funds. The local congregation takes on a big monthly payment for years to 'pay' for it. The WT uses this as an income stream, in fact it is probably their biggest single source of income, at least in the developed countries. It was really a scam and in some ways a deception.

Now: It is all donations (maybe not exactly freely given, as there is some implied pressure). At least they are not hiding the income stream making people think they are paying for the renovations.

I still have a suspicion that there is a legal reason for what they are doing which hasn't come out yet.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I've seen this personally. No late fee, of course, but definitely a notice.-leaving_quietly

I must say I am not surprised, they are a business masquerading as a charity, to be fair I thought zoo's bill was real at first glance until I saw the late fee, and 144000 ref number lol!. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit