Congregation rebels!

by A.proclaimer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

my congregation got a reminder today to start donating money. Elder said that after the letter on the new donation arrangement was read, the contributions for that fund went from the average (I believe it was $500 or so) to $0. After that reminder, cash was put into those boxes. I wonder how many other congregations will run into similar problems like this in the future.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Elder said that after the letter on the new donation arrangement was read,

the contributions for that fund went from the average(I believe it was $500 or so) to $0.

............................................................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Zoos
  • Prefect
    Prefect

Zoos:

Ha Ha Very good.

Maybe we should not laugh to much.

It could become a possability. You never know.

Prefect

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Nice one zoos......

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lol! This was so predictable. JWs will not stick to their pledge. WT will get some extra cash from this scheme though. Kate xx

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

When I first started studying in 1968 and into the next decade or so, all you ever heard was condemnation of other religions because they were always asking for money. Since the WT became a big corporation, they have become just like the other churches if not worse. I have Catholic friends and they say that there are no constant reminders for money. They give freely according to what they personally can do.

HappyDad

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I dunno about all catholics, but my brother's family receives envelopes preprinted with their 10% tithe for easy giving at their church....just sayin...

I wholeheartedly agree that one of the Big Brags was that jws are never asked for money (it just miraculously appears in the contrib boxes because they are shining examples of perfection). More but also some

The two other Big Brags: no child molesters and all jdubs love each other .

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

yes, the love is just brimming and overflowing at the kingdom halls

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Here's what's next for the WTBTS:

https://www.mogiv.com/church/

Online and mobile fundraising for churches — anytime, anywhere, any amount.

Mogiv helps you create a culture of generosity at your church whether your attendees are in the sanctuary or a hundred miles away. With no setup fees, subscription fees, or contracts, Mogiv makes it easier than ever to:

• Encourage giving among young churchgoers with online, text, and email giving
    • Empower your ministry leaders and missionaries with unique campaigns to direct donations toward their ministries
    • Create predictable, sustainable cash flow for your church with scheduled giving on your church’s website.

Get started today and your members could be tithing online by next Sunday!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit