How many have stopped attending at YOUR Kingdumb Hell?

by hamsterbait 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am one of the ones adding to their problem. I stopped attending boasting sessions altogether, along with field circus, in 2005. I did my last field circus June 30, 2005, and shredded my littera-trash and rags. At least it can now be used as gerbil bedding--provided there is no curse placed on the paper that might hurt the gerbils. Since then, I don't even go near the Kingdumb Hell lest I attract the attention of the hounders, and find myself getting dragged into a boasting session and not wake up out of it.

I can only hope this trend continues, since with Saturn headed for Sagittarius, they have the chance to scam or force more back in. This gives them the tools needed to get as few as one bad judge to view baptism as a legally binding contract and force people back in. It also means people are going to be dissatisfied with the status quo--and, as the last time Saturn was in Sagittarius, join the cancer. Of course, if they manage to give us Internet II before then, that will give the jokehovians the upper hand once again.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

it's very hard to tell if the numbers have fluctuated, so many move in and out all the time, you can't tell. I find they like to keep the congregations very large these days

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My aunts small cong merged with another small one in her KH (that had 6 congs and now has 5). There are rumors that two others will merge soon. That will make meetings on Sundays easier, Iguess!

My moms KH has 3 congrgations. I don't know the size.She is in an affluent area and it is about 10 miles from nearest hall. I will say that I have not seen a lot of new KH's. Or any. Today we drove by a KH that has always been on a route from visiting my aunt. It is in a small town in the mountains. It used to be kept up, landscaped and looked cheerfull. Now it is still a KH, but other than the storefront ones with bars that I saw in the projects in the Bronx, it was about the saddest looking hall I ever saw. Weeds abounded in the parking lot, the paint looked dull on the building and the sign. You could practically see tumbleweeds blowing through. This is an area with a lot of hispanic families and I doubt any close KH's. Not affluent. It was a beautiful day and everything else looked enchantingly beautiful (mountains of W. Washington on a sunny day in may-stunning!) but that place looked like it was cursed by an evil witch. It looked gloomy and had no businss doing so on such a beautiful day.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

It's funny the KH gets 50 mainstreamers every sunday and maybe 100 on Co visits etc.

We used to have 3 congregatrions here in english... now it merged to two. A third was added but is is korean and to top it off the sign on our hall was changed to Korean sign. Now only Korean people know this is a 'Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses' LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Around here it is musical chairs. Very few of the jws who attended 12 years ago are still there. People have moved in from other states, other congregations in the area and vice versa. Not much for MS any more. The CO threatens the elders that they will have to do sound, stage, magazines, territories and accounts.

How many congregations have people from outside become jws...mostly children of jws.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

We live in an area that had huge growth for the past 20 years but it was mostly from current JW's moving out of NYC, NJ, Philladelphia and other areas. The last few years there has been no new congregations formed nor KH's built. I also noticed a large drop in baptisms and meeting attendance has gone way down. I haven't been to a meeting in almost 2 years.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I ain't been for years, and you could not drag me in to a K.H.

I feel real sorry for any suckers still going.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

When I left two years ago 70 of the 80 present were born/bred in. Very very few normal outsiders attended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit