How many have stopped attending at YOUR Kingdumb Hell?

by hamsterbait 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

On a recent thread about the fleecing of the sheeples, one poster said their Congo was down to 85 publishers from 102.

The last hall I attended had 80-odd publishers 20 years ago, now only 30.

How much of a decline at your KH?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Our cong of about 80 has been at around 40 attending for so long now the

CO suggessted removing half the seats, and the remaining seats be spread out, so it doesn't look so empty.

Apparently the bro's giving talks were discouraged because of large numbers of empty seats. Poor diddums.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I wanna go so bad in cognito and just observe the different congos around. If I only had a friend to do this with.

• steve2
    steve2

My loyal JW sister moans to me (!) That mid-week meeting attendance is "pathetic" in her congregation. She discloses few details but seems to get some expressive relief telling her know-it-all brother that she's sick of one elder telling the congregation off for the poor attendances. She said it well when she asked me in exasperation, "Why does he give those who attend a hard time when they actually bother to attend?" Oh, I say very little knowing she is a typical Witness who selectively moans about the elders but stubbornly continus to believe it's the" twuth". I live in hope she'll wake up one day - but I ain't holding my breath.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Just observing the cars parked directly in front of and around the KH.......when I went until 2009, around 30 cars,....now......12-15 on a regular basis.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not too sure, there must only be a handful left of the old timers from when I was there, I think we had 70 plus pubs , guess it cant be much over 50, one big surprise was the disbanding of a cong in our circuit though.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Checked in on an old congregation I used to attend 25 years ago.

I was amazed at the very few, about fifteen or twenty, who attended

for the Sunday talk and WT, in a congregation that used to be packed

with more than a 100 publishers. The small evangelical church, nearby, that used

to be a handful is now a huge church of hundreds. The Caholic church I saw

a few blocks away also had a huge number of people in their large parking lot

and stading around the entrance. The exact opposite of what the Babylon book

predicted, when it said the people would leave the churches and a large crowd would

flock to the organization.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have no idea as to the answer to this question. But I do know that a xtian church near me boasts of 1k attendance.

It's little wonder that as the old guard die out the born ins are leaving so entropy is setting in. This is why the paedophile protecting Governing body are beating the flock and demanding money. The GB are smiling abusers.

I really wonder how many are now trapped into the cult from the outside of it?

I do recall when craptisms at a$$emb£ies were quite a few. As the years went by it ended up being about 3 per a$$emb£y....all born ins pleasing their parents.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

when I was a very small kid there used to be a big grand church in our territory less a then a mile from our KH it had a huge steeple and was a great landmark,but it got demolished and I was convinced that Babylon the Great was falling and this fate was to befall all churches! it was replaced by a synogogue! but alas the Evangelical Churches are booming in our area,there is an Evangelical Church that uses the school hall next to my kids school and it is packed out weekly, they even have a parking marshall,so much for that idiot Slimboyfat claiming that the WTS is the worlds fastest growing religion!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The 2 congs that met at our shared KH have merged.

All the others in the area gripe about poor meeting attendance.

But HEY! if as with a magic wand the GB can axe the CBS,

which at one time was touted as the most important meeting we had,

why not pubs decide they can skip another meeting or two?

It's the APATHY that will slow cause it to fizzle.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit