The dumest thing an elder ever said to me..

by new hope and happiness 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Conversation with an Elder...i said " did you watch due south yesterday" and he said " ive got far more important things to do"

I mean that comment of his got me to thinking and wondering, and made me see he was missing out on living..and i think that comment was the straw that broke this boys faith, and started my i dont want to be a witness anymore. Kind of wierd how a simple question opened my eyes.

And now as i write this i am watching " The Rebel" a 1950s western series, and its great and its even better my 9 year old is watching with me..and there is nothing more important than being happy.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

So you got braces to have one less thing for Jehovah to do in the NS. 14 years ago

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The smartest thing I ever said to an elder:

• Conversation with an Elder... he said "Did you go out in service yesterday" and I said "I've got far more important things to do!"
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

"So you got braces to have one less thing for Jehovah to do in the NS. 14 years ago"

So well said.

Over the past number of years, I began paying attention to the number of JW's with bad and missing teeth, especially pioneers.

It became a disturbing obsession.

(Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.)

(FS, thanks for the PM. Shot down, BTW. Ouch. [For now])

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Braces are only for those who lack faith.

Ditto for savings, retirement funds, life insurance, education, home repair and buying green bananas.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Braces are only for those who lack faith.

Ditto for savings, retirement funds, life insurance, education, home repair and buying green bananas.

LOL. That's had me chuckling off and on for the last 10 minutes.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Well said, Oubliette! :)

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Braces - I didn't get them as a kid - Armageddon was so near (1975), so got them myself when I started working as a young adult (23) - now 30 years ago!!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'm pushing 40 and need braces. Gonna have to wait a little bit longer still sigh...

• baltar447
    baltar447

What really grinds my gears is my parents didn't make a ton of money, they could have gotten CHIP or something to help with the dental work, instead we went to Mexico for dental work lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit