Sisters Witnessing in "Pants" now?

by Atlantis 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'm in Canada and have yet to see these carts.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They look very shabby to be in field service. The pants are not trousers but casual pieces you throw together to visit yard sales or do house cleaning. I would be a strong supporter of women wearing proper apparel. We don't know if this was a field service photo. They also looked out of place fashion wise but were well groomed. They took pride in their appearance.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Defo a photo op for visiting JWs, I agree with everyone who posted that. The common bond of cult unity and realisation it really is world wide.

We saw them at Oxford Circus train station, but I didn't speak to them because my daughter gets anxious and I promised her I would only speak to JWs when I wasn't with her. Surprisingly she was infuriated when she saw a Wt on the floor in the tube station, so much so that she took a photo of it. Just shows that the mags they place just get thrown away. Kate xx

• steve2
    steve2

The literature carts "have arrived" in New Zealand. Sound the silent trumpets, please. Who'd have even noticed?

So far, I've seen them in 2 different settings on a few occasions.

The first was at a local Saturday market where people sell all manner of produce (such as vegetables and fruit), arts and crafts and "secondhand" goods", and the second was in a pedestrian area of our capital city, Wellington.

In both instances, it was hard at times to tell who was "staffing" the carts because often no one was standing nearby.

Suffice to say, that passersby simply "pass on by" without even noticing the carts - in both settings, there are lots and lots of things calling for people's attention - the carts simply get "lost" in the din. When I have observed the Witnesses, they have their noses in ipads or equivalents. JW.org no doubt...or perhaps JWN.net?

Whatever they are viewing, it looks like an inconspicuous and relatively easy way for the disconnected-from-their-surrounding Witnesses to count time. Some innovation, huh?

I have resisted the urge to approach these shining examples of soporific pose because, um, I've got better things to do. One day when I've got the time and inclination I may pose as an interested person to test the knowledge of Kiwi Witnesses. I will not be surprised if their answers are anything other than simple-minded or baffled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit