Who was the best batman?

by FL_Panthers 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think BATFLECK will be the best!!

Actually, I think there is some 20 something super stud out there who is undiscovered. All we need is 6'2" 225 guy. Someone fast and graceful for his size, not too fair in the face, but not too rough either. There has to be someone out there just waiting to be discovered.

I would love to see some guy train like an old time strongman or like Steve Reeves. Someone who looks like Alex Ross's Batman. Batman has to be a guy who takes on squads of special forces people and wins! He has to be a kick ass super stud!! He air drops into the jungle and beats a ship of Aliens and face-huggers. He kick Predators ass too!!

No more rubber muscles!!! No more cheesy armor!!! We need a batman who kicks butt!!

DD

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

CT Russel ! Batty as hell! He kept them in his belfry!

• talesin
    talesin

D-D ... A younger version of that guy from Supernatural, dang what is his name?

It's hard to choose a favorite, because all have their strengths, but Val Kilmer, yikes, sucked. Bad casting, imo.

WHAP! BAM! Loved Adam West, he was purr-fect (or so Eartha Kitts told me, and Julie Newmar, too)

Michael Keaton was so great and what a thrill to see the Dark Knight portrayed so, well, *darkly* on the silver screen. That being said, I think Clooney coulda been great (bad movie), and Christian Bale is ... well, he is mesmerizing no matter what he plays, and really made the tale come alive with the martial arts stuff, and was a very intriguing Bruce Wayne and hotter than I expected *grins* (though I do agree that his voice as the Batman was a bit off).

tal

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Adam West was playing the role handed to him: making fun of what is honestly pretty ridiculous. Grown men in tights.

He had to have known that the television show was sarcasm at its best, and he played the character as such awesomely. Given the costume he had to wear, it’s really difficult to look like a bad-ass in those gray tights. Also, he didn’t even try to disguise his voice when he wasn’t Bruce Wayne. What would be the point?

Adam West was able to deliver subtle jokes and vague references to things that weren't on 60's television in his deadpan dry straightman overly-logical tone.
    Look at examples:

“It’s obvious. Only a criminal would disguise himself as a licensed, bonded guard yet callously park in front of a fire hydrant.”

“Salt and corrosion. The infamous old enemies of the crime fighter”

Robin: “You can’t get away from Batman that easy!”

Batman: “Easily.”

Robin: “Easily.”

Batman: “Good grammar is essential, Robin.”

Robin: “Thank you.”

Batman: “You’re welcome.”

Robin: “Let’s go!”

Batman: “Not you, Robin. They have strict licensing laws in this country. A boy of your age is not allowed in a drinking tavern.”

“Robin: Where’d you get a live fish, Batman?”

Batman: “The true crimefighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin.”

“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park”.

“Let that be a lesson. In future, be more careful from who you accept free lemonade.

Robin: "Boy! That was our closest call ever! I have to admit that I was pretty scared!"
    Batman: "I wasn't scared in the least."
    Robin: "Not at all?"
    Batman: "Haven't you noticed how we always escape the vicious ensnarements of our enemies?"
    Robin: "Yeah, because we're smarter than they are!"
    Batman: "I like to think it's because our hearts are pure."

Robin, about Catwoman: "Do you think she'll kill Batgirl?"
    Batman: "Or worse, Robin. Or worse."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL @ OTWO!!! Did Fred Franz write the script??

DD

• talesin
    talesin

I can 'hear' him delivering those lines, thanks OTWO! To the Batcave!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have to admit that if I could afford it, I would drive the 1960's Batmobile around town.

I think a dark 1940's Batman would be awesome. You could have less gadgetry and CGI. The Batmobile could be a huge armored sedan. You could have gadgets that the public never knew of until the 70's. More detective work. Down and dirty fighting from a really no nonsense Batman. It would be awesome. It will never happen of course, it seems the public likes pinball movies. Lots of flashing lights.

DD

• talesin
    talesin

I saw one on Pawn Stars last year, it was too cool! :P

How about a Buick Roadmaster, such a cool 40s car. And yes, agreed - kinda like the original Star Trek. It may not have had the FX of modern movies, but the plotlines were great, the action was real, and the gadgets were futuristic realities (eg, communicator, replicator).

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit