Misconception 1:...........

by Jon Preston 20 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Jon, I see things in creation which make me think of a creator, yet I see so much about the world, humans, and religions which make me think otherwise. So I'm undecided but not actively searching for a structured belief.

And of course the wt/gb LIE about atheists, the same as they LIE about apostates!!!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was just thinking about something along those lines. I was speculating that possibly belief in God was so ingrained in us because it provided an evolutionary advantage. Possibly a belief in an afterlife makes a person more inclined to be optimistic and there for increases chances for survival? I have noticed that many people fear death and seem to feel that there is no point in life unless there s something better coming along after they die.

I have noticed some people are just more inclined towards religion. I have noticed these variations in my family, it seemed that of my siblings three of the six of us were more religiously inclined. In my children, neither of them, but my grandson is more like me, he goes to his other grandmothers church. I was always drawn to religion, but thirty years as a JW cured of that, lol. I sometimes wish I could believe in God, but I just don't think the evidence is there. But I still feel spiritual, I have a love of nature and and express my spirituality through the creative process.

The brain is a very interesting thing.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

I got the same out of being in a religion that i did belonging to a gym...except if i quit the gym and join another they do t condemn me to shunning and "spiritual" death....plus i found its healthier lol

• QC
    QC

Preston,

As global godlessness reaches critical mass, you will see a paradigm shift.

Hardwired in you is the ability to recognize what’s next.

It's what you are looking for—void of JWism and Darwinism.

Stay tuned.

• cofty
    cofty

QC - What is "Darwinism"?

• Comatose
    Comatose

"Stay tuned!"

Yours,

god of the hebrews

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I know longer believe in the god of the bible or Jesus, there are so many contradictions in the bible that people go to great lengths showing how Jesus is YHWH or YHWH is not the father of Jesus etc etc. They can do this because of the contradictions. So I have to believe that something made life and matter and the laws of physics etc. but I also dont think this god or gods really cares about our over all situation, time has proven this.

• cofty
    cofty

I have to believe that something made life and matter and the laws of physics etc

Really?

• DJS
    DJS

QC,

Please qualify. If you mean by godless the atheists amongst us, then the empirical data suggests exactly the opposite of your premise. The 'godless' atheists, where they are in abundance, contribute to a more functional and peaceful society. If, by godless you mean those religious people who act in what you personally think of a 'godless' manner, then you may be onto something. Except the planet is likely going to become more and more secular, atheistic, 'godless' -- and functional.

• DJS
    DJS

VG,

Yes, and prayer, which has also been proven scientifically to 'work' but without regard to the religion or the god (doesn't matter if it's a make believe person in the sky, Thor or a pole in your back yard as long as you believe) to whom you pray.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit