Tonights meetin: rare attendance

by Jon Preston 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Well in light of the 17 billion calls i got this week my wife and i decided to attend the meeting. It was nuts! We got love bombed right when we got there. But there were things i heard i had to share with wife.

In the study they brought out that God cant help everyone the same way...i was like WTF? So god is all powerful and could help if he wanted but chooses to help certain people more than others? Hmmm.

then an elder brought out how sad it was that one sister died in some disaster and 2 brothers died in the landslide in cali....i thought...Right because only JWs are important...the other humans who lost loved ones dont matter...sick.

The bible reading was boring and the whole thing was lame...im over it. Moving on.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

... for moving on. NOT that someone got killed.

LL

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Lois u should be asleep lol

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hey, It is only 10:49 PM here. lol

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Where are you? Cali? Its 2am here

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

In the study they brought out that God cant help everyone the same way

He can, but the point was that we shouldn't expect supernatural help on a sort of automatic basis. That would validate Satan's claims in connection with Job, that God had blessed him all along but that he would turn away from God if he experienced problems.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Christian religious leaders say that we shouldn't blame God when something bad happens. It's Satan causing these bad things to happen. But then when a disaster does occur, they say it was God's punishment for the sinful ways of humans. For example, Russian Orthodox patriarchs are saying that the recent floods in the Baltics were caused by God as punishment because a bearded drag queen won a singing contest in the EU. So which is it? Are bad things that destroy human life caused by Satan or God? Of course the real answer is that calamities happen just by chance.....no supernatural entity 'causes' them to happen.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

NAVYTOWN - you should join JWs, cause that is just what they are saying! :-)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Glad you're over it Jon.

The circular reasoning and get out of jail free cards for god and the org(r) are totally nauseating.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I can understand that the calls seem genuine and you made the effort because you got so many calls, but this love is all conditional. If they knew you were on this site you would be Df'd and all the love bombing would stop instantly.

Try not to fall prey to love bombing again, you family needs a clean break. You will all be able to move on quicker if you never go back again.

Take care Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit