Tonights meetin: rare attendance

by Jon Preston 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Laika
    Laika

You must be a cool guy, most people get treated like crap when they start missing meetings.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Lol naaaaah but thanks Laika.

It was awesome to look over and see my wife writing "if God is all-powerful and could do something about it, and isnt partial, why would he deliver some faithful but not others?" The exact thing i thought :-)

• blondie
    blondie

*** w08 9/15 p. 9 par. 8 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

As individuals, we know that our immediate physical protection is not guaranteed. We take the position expressed by the three faithful Hebrews who refused to bow down to King Nebuchadnezzar’s image of gold. Those God-fearing young men did not presume that Jehovah would miraculously protect them from physical harm. (Read Daniel 3:17, 18.) As matters turned out, Jehovah did deliver them from the flames of the fiery furnace. (Dan. 3:21-27) Even in Bible times, however, miraculous deliverance was the exception rather than the rule. Many faithful servants of Jehovah died at the hands of opposers.—Heb. 11:35-37. (WTS explanation not mine)

• Comatose
    Comatose

Why does my mom KNOW that Jehovah answers prayers? When she was 10 she was poor and wore the same outfit every day. She prayed about it but then felt bad so apologized for asking for clothes to god. Then someone gave her some hand me downs. God does answer prayers!

Meanwhile wives were being beaten by their husbands, children were being molested, JWs with cancer were dying, car accidents were killing, people were being tortured, and people begging god for help were ignored. Luckily he gives pioneers $34.50 for gas to a convention, or kids clothes, or a nice call in service, or a new job to spend more time in service, or chickens that multiply fast after a DC.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Comatose - The term 'confirmation bias' springs to mind.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It's a win-win for JWs. According to them, God DOES protect all his loyal ones. Either he saves your life, or He lets you die and then you are safe in his memory awaiting the resurrection! It's a win either way.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Blondie--someone quoted your comment VERBATUM at the meeting lol

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

They actually brought out that being a part of Jehovahs Organization improves your health and prolongs your life....i thought "hmmmmm. I can think of a few individuals that would contrary to that."

lets see what else pissed me off. Oh yea when i brother said you shouldnt pursue education since Gods org can teach you everything u need to know...even though the men who started training people i. Higher level trades certainly had education....and if not i dont want them working on anything of mine.

Oh wait which also springs to mind that the brothers who have a building company where i live have a poor reputation for quality of homes they build....just sayin

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The transformation one goes through is truly amazing.

There was a time when going to an assembly was truly refreshing for me. I'd take down notes and come away inspired.

Once I started to wake up, I couldn't bear sitting there, listening to the nonsense, and watching everyone just nod their heads in agreement.

I remember sitting at the hall during a CO visit in which he said that there was some African country whose name he mangled where 40-something percent of the population was infected with AIDS, and nobody seemed to understand that his stat was complete bullshit. People just assumed it had to be right because he's a CO after all. There was another occasion where an elder went on about how horrible it was that gay marriage was now legal (at the time it wasn't legal in any state). Again, nobody cared. It just got to be too much for me to put up with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit