Plans for huge Jehovah's HQ take shape

by insidetheKH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

ItKH

All good points, but let's wait and see ...

Eden

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've heard that a lot of WT branches have a commune-like feel to them.

Weird, considering that - in attitude - JWs have much more in common with right wingers.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am with JustVisiting. It's a tax-free, free-labor effort to improve the land. Then within 10 years, the whole thing will not be needed and the land will be worth much much more than they paid for it. Maybe sooner. That, or some big honchos want to move out to the country and have everyone pay for it.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hey Kate, my suspicions are that the sale prices of Britain Branch properties will be on a need-to-know basis, and that purchasers/Estate Agents will be required to maintain confidentiality.

The Org won't want the sheeple to to see that £75m - £100m was raised from selling off the old properties and that the new Branch Office complex cost no more than £35m, prompting such questions as,

1) What happened to the £40m - £65m surplus?

2) Why were Witnesses in the U.K. asked to donate even more money to pay for this work?

3) Why wasn't the new Britain Branch self-financed by the proceeds of sale of the old properties?

Elders & Branch members in the U.K. - how does it feel to be accomplices in conning your brothers & sisters?

Evil exists when good men do nothing.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    @searcher what was sold?
  • Splash
    Splash

Zoopla publish the sold prices of every property, normally 2-3 months after the transaction has completed.

I hope the Bethel properties get included in that list - that will be interesting to keep track of.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Mill Hill site is 22acres of prime development land, 5 bedroom properties in the area go for over 1 million £.

Developers are squeezing at least 15 such properties on to each acre. The profit margin on such developments is huge.

Someone should be asking questions about why they need donations in the U.K at all, at least for a few years, once Mill Hill is sold.

Remember as well there is the Bittacy Hill site, and another nearby, to sell as well !!!!!!

This is the biggest project in the world for the Org.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/temple-farm

Temple farm Update:

Planning permission was granted on 24 April 2015.

Archeological investigation until July.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit