Crap trying to reason with a Mormon He is asking about the Sabath

by Found Sheep 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

never mide the Sabbath... Crack his Book of Mormon.

He believe this book was translated from Gold plates that date back at least 1600 years and were translated 150 years ago into 17th centery english

The book of 2 Nephi contians long major sections of quotes from Isaiah.

Ask him how come you can get a King James Bible and open it to Isaiah and read the same passage in 2 Nephi WORD PER WORD 100%.

Sorry translation doesn't work like that!

Joseph Smith used the KJV as a source not imaginary Gold plates that weighed 200 lbs that be ran miles carrying.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Suggest he go and see the "Book of Mormon" musical - it takes the piss out the Mormons mercilessly. Shows how ridiculous their beliefs are.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Foind Sheep...you say your goal is to be a " cult therapist" Respect.

As an ex cult member i have an idea of truth about this world, and it is simply this." It doesnt become the clever to win over the stupid".

So what i mean is, you have helped me a lot in the few Topics i started and you answerd. Why?

Because you never answerd as though you were the clever and i the stupid.

I think you will make a great " cult therapist"

• undercover
    undercover

Your first mistake is that you're trying to reason with a cult member. Just as it is with JWs, it is with Mormons: as long as they want to believe, and don't question the religious authority, you cannot convince them that maybe they're wrong. The doubts and questions have to come from within...and then they can be reasoned with. If a TBM (true blue Mormon) hasn't already questioned on his own the crazy shit they believe, a few nuggets of info on the Sabbath ain't gonna do nuthin...

• Terry
    Terry

What I finally concluded after a lifetime of boxing with cults is this.

People cling to what they NEED to get them through the day.

For some people it is booze. For other it is cigarettes.

The more needy the more booze, drugs, cigarettes, etc.

RELIGION is the only TOXIN approved by society.

You can't successfully deal with a cult by REMOVAL of false belief. Why? You didn't leave them with anything but a giant HOLE

right in the middle of their heart!

This is a cruel thing.

You can't plug that hole with OTHER NONSENSE (such as a "true religious belief) because all false things are pretty much the same.

What will cure a CULT member is finding a way to LIVE LIFE without the need of fantasy and delusion.

GOOD LUCK ON THAT!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

booze and cigarettes seem negative Terry, but " positive" reasons to " get through the day" can be equally negative.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Found Sheep: You might be very interested in this site, run by Keith Walker.

www.evidenceministries.org

The Walkers founded Evidence Ministries in 1995 as a missionary outreach to the San Antonio, TX Area. Its threefold purpose is to REACH Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons for Christ, to TEACH Christians the differences between these two cults and Biblical Christianity, and to WARN the community about the dangers of these groups. Evidence Ministries is active in REACHING these cults through personal witnessing and mission trips.

Read his website, and you will learn ways to effectively use your knowledge of JW's, in order to reach your Mormon friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit