Awful experience: I threw my WT library out!

by StephaneLaliberte 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathappened
    whathappened

Throwing out Watchtower literature is very cathartic. Good things in your future, I am sure.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Isn't that part of the waking up process? First of all it's unbelief, then it's ha-ha I feel so stupid for believing all that-how could I have, ha ha. Then it's anger.

• Scott77
    Scott77
    "...My family was supposed to be protected from the world when in fact, it was victim of the WT that did this through abusive messages disguised as love..."
    ecan6

You cannot get genuine love from the Watchtower of Jehovah's Witnesses. Love this photo above, Its cold love.

Scott77

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

And then, I started to think of the division, the hatred and the pain that became prevalent in my family as some were disfellowshipped and thus, ostracized.

Luke 12:49-53

"I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50  Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51  Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52  For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

What Jesus Christ said would happen, is really happening!

They shouldn't have screwed with his baptism!

abe

• Satanus
    Satanus

Did any of those books scream as you tossed them?

S

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's normal to have mixed feeling about your Witness experience, we all have some good memories along with the bad. It's been 14 years for me, when I see a Watchtower I still get a funny feeling, like something that is strange, but oddly familiar at the same time.

Since I was moving shortly after I left, I threw every piece of literature in the trash all in one go, it was a good feeling.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The high control nature of the org is to deliberately highlight only positive things about itself in the memories of members. Sometimes it works.

Not your fault.

• twice shy
    twice shy

More often than not the thought of having left and letting go of everything is an emotional rollercoaster.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

ecan6 asked, "How can they not be afraid of the God they claim to serve?"

They must KNOW something that you (the world at large) do NOT KNOW, and it is that "Jehovah" is a sock-puppet, crudely fashioned from the cheapest material and with the poorest possible degree of craftsmanship; a SCARECROW of old clothing stuffed with straw and infested with vermin, a balloon-animal swiftly created by a carnival clown and filled with HOT AIR.

Look carefully; when "Jehovah" speaks, you can see the ventriloquist's lips moving!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Rebel8, you're right! They constently brag about themselves and call it "upbuilding/faith strenghtening talks". And if someone brings forth questionable teachings or actions, they call it being negative, nit picking, selfish individual trying to sabotage your faith and the joy you could not find anywhere else.

So, when you're told that you are happy, you start believing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit