My Successful Fade

by Darth Rutherford 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Please share how you woke up your parents....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks so much Darth, I am sure your story will help many who read on here, a personal account as intimate as the one you have written has a great power, because it is totally honest and does not feel at all like an attack upon JW's, because it is not.

One sentence that you wrote is so very true, and stood out to me, " They did not have a clue what they believed, and were willing to die for it. It was scary,..."

That is so true of most JW's today, and it is scary, I am scared for their safety.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Heart-warming account Darth!

Likewise, I have lost my RELIGION but my FAITH has strengthened and grown!

On the subject of immediate life-after-death, i.e. my dead parents being "up in heaven" now - I don't belive it for a millisecond!

Ecclesiastes 9:5 tells us, "For, the living know that they'll die, but the dead know nothing at all..." (http://www.2001translation.com/)

If my mother & father have been in heaven for so many years, watching the different trials and traumas which me and my siblings have gone through - including my becoming a Witness and now having to plan my exit - then HEAVEN would have been a HELL for them!!

Would YOU want to be in situation where you were watching your loved ones suffering situations for years - including being duped by a false religion -and you couldn't do a thing about it?

I think Ecclesiates 9:5 is truthful and gives far more comfort for the living!

I am genuinely delighted to hear of your experience, survival, and recovery - make the most of your life now, and keep looking forward!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's a great story and it sounds like you have found peace in life.

Doc

• Fernando
    Fernando

Great story and thank you for sharing Darth Rutherford.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hi DR;

Similar story; same outcome. Married during the scare of 75. Figured I'd learn to love my wife in Paradise. Same path; elder, RBC member, on most committees. Was well known & liked. Gave DC talks. After 34 yrs. of a bad marriage, met the love of my life. Not a Witness. Got divorced & disfellowshipped. Was on my way back in actually. Elders on the JC were close friends. One really wanted to make an example of me & dragged out the reinstatement for 3 yrs. Got disgusted & went looking for the truth. Read C of C. Knew some of the GB personally. Realized they made the Scribes & Pharisees look like choir boys. Been out 7 yrs. Have a great life. We travel. Life is good. Yours will be too. My advice to all; Live Well.....Enjoy Life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful last paragraph. Thanks for encouraging others.

• twice shy
    twice shy

@mrquik- One really wanted to make an example of me & dragged out the reinstatement for 3 yrs. Got disgusted & went looking for the truth.

Wow! And yet they claim to be speaking for Jehovah. It's an enlightening day when you know the scriptures, have a awesome relationship with GOD and can clearly see they are not speaking for him at all.

Their failure to show any type of mercy whatsoever and lack of compassion speaks volumes.

So glad to read of all the happiness being experienced by so many on the outside of the organization now.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Thank you Darth, for sharing such a moving story. An inspiration to those having doubts.

You put it so well when you said, the more you read of the Bible, the more you saw through the Watchtower lies. The part about Jesus warning us to look out for false prophets.

I also believe, like you, there is more than this life.

Looking forward to hearing more.

So glad for you.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Darth-Your account is moving, honest and I can relate to much of it, not the parts about being a elder, of course. But, the hoping that you would die so you wouldn't be stuck with your wife, the feelings of guilt for taking comfort where you could find it, the quest for answers to things that made no sense.

I divorced the 'brother' that caused me to wish for death rather than life eternal with someone so awful. Learned that feeling guilty for happiness is ridiculous and faced the questions I've had for years, squarely and realized the standard WTBTS answers don't add up.

Thank you for you eloquent story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit