It is so obviously a lie......now

by snare&racket 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Only when someone's heart and mind are prepared, will the scales fall from their eyes.

Then they will have to un-learn so much, but during that process, not beat themselves up for being so stupid/gullible/blind!!

The act of trusting in someone leaves a person open to abuse, and that's exactly what the WTBTS has done to people for over a century - abused them, in every way!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Smiddy,

I have started to feel a little different about it all. We have a lot ot answer for too. Think of all those ~16yr olds that left, They were demonised as 'wayward' or 'worldly'. We didn't think for a moment that they had just lost their whole world because they no longer wanted to be JW's.

I think if those teens that left as heroes now, little brave dudes who were smarter than all of us put together. Tough mother cookies too!

But they also hold up a mirror to us all....it is an uncomfortablerealisation.... we all kinda knew it was b.s., we all knew there was a spell on our thought processes and we could have worked harder to leave earlier.mThise teens figured it out, even if it was to leave and have some fun!

Yes shame on the WT society, but also shame on us, on the people that taught it us ......and the quicker people say enough is enough and leave, the better for many. If you have kids in the religion, really there is no reason good enough on earth to keep them in it... get them out before they lose another day.

Snare x

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Wow you've really articulated it, buddy. If my brain was as good as yours I may have articulated it similarly.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

behave, it was a jumbled mess, with flinching moment of clarity.... but ya'll get the point!

Keep Byron Bay warm for me Julia, I'm a comin'

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Good Job snare&racket. I am still amazed at the fact I did not see this until I was 54 years old. By then child grown with children of their own in the cult. My wife and I stand alone in our family not willing to listen to the cult talk anymore. I remember them telling us to live one day at a time in the faith. Will one day turned into one month and then into one year then into a life time of years. Here I am almost 60 years old looking back and all I can do is shake my head and think what was I thinking of. I see it so clearly now but as a born in it truly takes time for many of us to see what is really behind the curtain. Good for you to come up with such a great explaination on how cults keep you in. Stilll Totally ADD

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Marked

• BU2B
    BU2B

Wonderful post! I love posts like this one. So true what you have said. JWs are TERRIFIED of anyhing that could make them doubt. If you believe 100% in something being true, you are not afraid of people with other feelings. For instance, I believe in and have faith in the law of gravity. If you were to show me a person who does not believe in gravity and wants to convince me the same, would I be afraid of him? No because I KNOW I am right in my heart, and have NO DOUBT. Also, even If someone believes they have true knowledge when It comes to religion, what does light have to fear from darkness? Light always wins out over the dark and truth over lies. Lies fear the light of truth and truth faces the lies head on.

"apostates" welcome an open discussion/debate with JWs.

JWs fear and will physically run away from an "apostate" they wont even look at one let alone discuss the WT with them.

Even JWs have stories of a person ignoring the Society's direction and debating with apostates. Eventuallly, slowly they become one as well. We all know why, because we know TTATT and logic and common sense and the facts will win out over revisionist history, lies, quote mining, eisegiesis, and logical fallacies. The WT explanation is to say that apostates have "poison" that will "infect" you. The average JW believes this wholeheartedly and believe that INTHEIR CASE, light does indeed and MUST hide from darkness.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good posts, from the O.P to BU2B's excellent one just above.

I find now that a funny thing is happening to me, I find it hard to believe that ANYBODY is still fooled by the WT !

Of course, I need to have empathy, I was taken in, if not fully, but taken in, for the first 58 years of my life !

I do believe though that now even more JW's feel that, to quote The Bard, "There is something Rotten in the State of Denmark".

The stench of that Rot, which is pure Greed, must without doubt offend even the most insensitive of JW nostrils to some degree.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Snare, absolutely wonderful post.

The Watchtower literally promise the earth, perfect health, no death, to be young again, to see the dead again....they go for every human want and fear. Who wouldn't want it? ...true. But to have it.... everyone else has to.....die.

And therein lies the problem. Thankfully, those of us here just couldn't do it anymore. How many could not bear the thought of innocent people being slain? Those illustrations showing cheerful families turning their backs on millions being slaughtered......is immoral. Let's hope many more are disturbed by those thoughts and walk away to a better life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nice observation snare&racket, accurate and to the point

But what great imagery to put on the front cover of magazines to attract the publics attention.

You can see from this how lies attached to emotive BS works on people .

The WTS. exploited the basic outstanding belief in the bible to their own compelling advantage,

creating their own power and wealth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit