Is The Governing Body Open To Lawsuits In Some Countries Over Enforced Shunning Of Ex Members?

by frankiespeakin 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwstudy
    jwstudy

There is a difference between Banning religions and Loosing tax examption status.

I think there are possibility WT loosing regal status as religious corporation at least some countries for Shunning policy.

I came across a WT article which admited the shunning practice was to play a role of blackmail

to prompt family member to back to a religion. Yes, WT admits they use blackmails.

Japan for example, religious corporation sould not be contrary to the public interest to

gain tax examption status.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Good luck getting most Western nations to force the WTS to drop it's charitable & tax exempt status over DF. In most places the "freedom of religion" card trumps the shunning issue and the judiciary have no stomach for a fight at that level. On top of that the WTS do a magnificant job of twisting the policy so that the it's not seen as a top down policy, rather something for individuals to determine at a personal level. They can quote "family business". They can say it's individual conscience. They can also plead that it's not a human right to force someone else to talk to you if they choose not to.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Americans value freedom of religion. It is not going to change. They have a right to choose members. We have a legal right to walk away.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

There is talk on FB that a new secret rating system for the R & F is to be introduced so that DF'ing is no longer required. A's and B's are fine, B's and C's proceed with caution, D's marked and so on.

I think I'm a Z.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well what happens in the future remains to be seen, but it definately looks like social awareness is on the increase and hate groups like the Jehovah Witnesses who are taught to hate their own children if they prove disloyal to Corporation's interest and enforcing it with a threaten of said parents with actual dismemberment for a infraction of rule/Corporation orders of who they are to avoid not even reading their emails.

Their days of getting away with this sort of xenophobic hate crime again one's own family are number but what is the number?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@frankiespeakin: Curious, do you think disfellowshipping is a "hate crime"?

MMM

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No disfellowshipping per say is not a hate crime.

What kind of question is that any way and how is it related to the subject?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

No disfellowshipping per say is not a hate crime.

What kind of question is that any way and how is it related to the subject?

I was mainly responding to your last post. I wanted to see where you actually came down on this, since you said " Their days of getting away with this sort of xenophobic hate crime..." when referring to the WTS use of a possible disfellowshipment. I just wanted to see what you thought specifically, and I didn't quite know, so I thought I would just ask. If you had said it is a hate crime, then I would probably follow up asking why...

I am all for social awareness. IMHO, that will be the downfall of the WTS, in the end. That is, people learning the truth and walking away and/or never joining in the first place.

MMM

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Enforced shunning probably isn't technically breaking any laws...

...but it sure doesn't make them look good, either.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In some countries that is true, but in other countries it is not. The trend is, it is getting harder and harder for the Watchtower Corporation to hide behind the shield of a religion and religous freedom in many countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit