Rare recorded MARKING TALK on APOSTASY

by Newly Enlightened 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks for posting it. I'd also like to know how old the talk is.

Some highlights (I didn't see the commentary version so I may be repeating what NE may have said):

6:48

What did he [Satan] get her [Eve] into? Conversation - get into a little debate about it - and that's what apostates like you to do - they like to debate things, go back and forth, "This is what your organization says ... "/"I've heard this ... "/"I think they're lying to you ... ." So you get into a debate, pull you in, again undermined our faith. We don't debate the truth - certainly not with apostates - we really don't debate the truth with anybody, do we? We have the truth. We don't have to debate it with people. We know what the truth is ... and ... when you think about a friend's ... it's a lot different than answering a question from someone who's honest-hearted and is looking for the truth and you're [ ? ] answers. That's different. But we should never engage in conversation with someone with apostate thinking.

'We don't debate the truth with anybody'? Are you kidding? What was the apostle Paul doing, then? Act 17:18f. And the apostle Peter's admonition? 1 Pet. 3:15.

'We have the truth ... We know what the truth is'? With all the numerous changes of mind the organization has had over what counts as 'truth,' I wonder which version of truth he now feels is so self-evident.

8:27

But we do, as we are, as Jehovah's people, are ... we are an informed people. Jehovah informs us, doesn't he, in everything. He informs us - and usually before things happen - and so it's the same thing with us ourselves, same thing with the brothers, in giving us information before [blah, blah].

9:53

[After discussing 2 Thess. 2:1, 2] So you know, friends, until we hear things from the platform ... that's where we get our information from, brothers read letters, whether it's here in the congregation, whether it's at our assemblies or our conventions, whether we read something from The Watchtower, right from the faithful slave's publications ... we got to take it, as the saying goes, with a grain of salt.

The dipstick then relates how, some years ago, it went around that pioneer hours were going to drop to 50, and everyone was buzzing about it, but nothing was written officially yet, but you know who was throwing it around there? - apostates - to get a rise out of Jehovah's people but it had nothing to do with the organization. Way to go. He's just illustrated how what 'apostates' say can be taken as truthful and how 'apostates' inform 'Jehovah's people' before things happen!

And apostasy starts with not really loving God, not studying and missing meetings? Clueless. It works like this:

True believers and conscientious students either get worn down or hit between the eyes with something that doesn't make sense or doesn't fit scripturally or scientifically or historically, which prompts more study and prayer, which in turn shows up more gaping holes, which don't get answered or else get slapped down by those in the congregation, which discourages the person and gets him seeking answers elsewhere, which confirm he's not the one with the problem - they are - so he shares his findings (and gets called a scumbag apostate), stops studying the WT, starts to miss more meetings and FS until he finally says 'I've had it!'

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'd also like to know how old the talk is.

According to the version with commentary, it was last week.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is it really surprising that talks like this are given a little more now since there is so much obvious opposition

against the WTS/JWs on places like the inter-net ?

The WTS/JWs is in battle with itself and the "Truth".

• BU2B
    BU2B

Some questions for the man delivering this drivel:

What does light have to fear from darkness?

Do lies fear truth, or does the truth fear lies?

If someone honestly studies both sides of something and makes a decision based on this, should that be feared?

Why would the truth fear untruth?

Did Jesus run from the Pharisees and Saducees or did he talk and reason with them?

I observed that the brother delivering this talk did not once discuss any facts, or bring up any of the issues discussed. He would not discuss details, and was very vague. Why? If the WT has the truth, why not arm the friends to defend the lies this apostate is bringing up. Why just tell them to ignore the person? Does not seem like something a spiritually strong mature person would do.

This guys antidote to contrary opinions? Plug your ears, run away, tell the elders, and study harder. Sad. And infuriating

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Co. was founded and created on lies and staid ignorance thats what made this organization rich and powerful over the years.

Now with the advent of the age of information, all those specific lies and ignorances are being exposed to the WTS. detriment.

Poor WTS. and the men who lavished themselves in this corruption centralized around the operation of a publishing house.

At least the first president of the WTS. and once biggest financial backer W. Conley backed out and moved over to another Christian based faith,

obviously personal integrity was a bit little stronger than the likes of J Rutherford and the power seeking opportunists that followed him.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

In Truth That Leads To Everlasting Life, p.13:

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God's Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. It should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what God's will is for us, and then to do it." -John 8:32.

Of course, this counsel applies to everyone except a JW. Once a JW you have no freedom or right to examine anything without WT's express approval.

And, in WT Land, anything older than a few hours or at best a few days is probably expired as "old light", and, therefore, irrelevant. The Truth book was published in 1968...practically the Jurassic Period in WT time.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Awesome! Can't wait for the transcript!

GGG

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Lately, I have been feeling like I should just send a mass text message to my family and say: "Love me or leave me I'm an APOSTATE!"

They pretty much already know but since we never discuss it they (most of them) over look it.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Dazed but not confused: The way you can tell a difference is that at the end, the elder says thank you for letting us change up the meeting. This was NOT scheduled! There was no local needs scheduled for that night May 13/14th.

He was also very specific about some who are STUDYING and mentioned specifically someone sending emails & text contents. This is what started it between Rochelle & the C.O.B.E's wife [the one studying with her].

Cedars did an article telling her story.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

The talk was just given the week of May 12th we believe. It was right after they read the NEW DONATION arrangement letter on May 7th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit