Is It Possible? Are They Retiring To Warwick?

by metatron 22 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Instead of giving up, I think they are "hunkering down."

They need to wait for the current generation to die off. In the meantine they are securing their worldwide assets. Give them 50 years and they will emerge as a totally different religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They may be in the process of reforming from the old Watchtower identity and removing themselves

of that particular identity, they certainly have the money now to so.

Don't be too surprised to see the Watchtower and Awake magazines dropped all together.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

All good comments here about the WT having to change its model, selling property and doing all things to keep the money flowing...but...

What if the donations dry up? What if the donation arrangement is a flop? Like Sears, Montgomery Wards, KMart, Pontiac, and American Motors. What then?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

And add what Blondie said to the fact they do nothing for nobody.

They don't have charities, build hospiltals ( like many churches do)

They have no summer camps, no schools, no missions to build houses.

They don't feed and clothe the homeless, or even help those in need

in their own congregations, they tell people to go on welfare.

They don't even serve coffee and donuts after the meeting.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bob_NC makes agood point, remeber when the ragmags went "free" donations were not covering their cost until the W.T got heavy about it and made the Congregations cough up.

I guess the same tactic of guilt will work this time ?

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

It would be convenient to have them all in one place, to contain the rivers of effluence coming from them.

Completely incongruous to this thread, but Blondie, you made my day with the correct use of 'fewer' and 'less' ;-)

• metatron
    metatron

Where do all the changes end up? American Motors, Burma Shave, Ovaltine, Polaroid and Kodak all had respected management at one time.

Would dumping the magazines be a body blow? Could that eventuality be what they're preparing for? Losing the Watchtower branding in exchange for jw.org?

Villagegirl is right. They don't do nothin for nobody. They seem heedless about long term loyalty.

metatron

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think they absolutely can move past printed magazines. They'll just point out the different forms the work has taken in the past -- sound cars, phonographs, blah blah -- and say that jw.org is the new method of preaching for the modern age.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. would very much like to see all their members download their literature in digital format

for that saves the organization a huge amount in printing costs.

Some of this new distribution format has to do with the WTS. closing many branches abroad.

Making Jehovah's publishing house more efficient and cost effective is giving praise to his earthly organization.

As for the WTS. retiring, no absolutely not, there's too much power and control there as well money to let this all go away.

There are a lot of men running this organization who are doing what they're doing for the personal identifying semblance of power and control ,

so the lies and bullshit will continue on, that you can be sure of.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The dramatic changes we have observed are mostly motivated by money or legal concerns - but not all, as with cutting back on meetings.

I meant to respond to this before. Who says the meeting cutbacks don't have to do with money? The shorter the meetings, the less time the lights and HVAC are on. The smaller the Hall's utility bills, the more money can go to the Society. Additionally this can allow more congregations to use the same Hall which means less of a need to build Halls (this means less money being loaned without interest by the Society, though it also means fewer Halls to sell down the road, so it could hurt their long-term real estate game).

Now if you were referring to the cancellation of the Bible Study at personal homes, that's a bit different and I'm not sure of the reason. There was a suggestion that there was a legal issue involved with Bethelites traveling to peoples' homes and who is liable if an employee of the corporation injures someone in an accident. I don't feel that this was necessarily a good enough reason to cancel all Bible Study meetings worldwide, though. Why not just have the Bethelites stay in for the local Bible Study in their Bethel branch? Unless there wasn't enough room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit