Whats with TROLLS posting on this forum ,dont they just expose themselves as less than intelligent?

by smiddy 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I mean to say it only takes a couple of posts to identify a TROLL , what do they hope to acheive ? they only convince me, how stupid they are, with not a thinking cell in their brain .

Do they think its another avenue to get FS hours in ? Do they think their going to convince one of us to go back to the KH.? Do they think they will get kudos from the elders at their hall for outsmarting us ?

Any thoughts you have why they come here ?

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

Not in any particular order, just as I'm thinking,,, a couple of yours

1. FS

2. Bring someone 'back'

3. Cry for help

4. Attention Seeking / lonely , like a teen acting out any attention is needed, even negative .. but jws are mostly emotionally arrested so it fits

5. Malicious , like a hacker

6. MI

... just off the top of my head ...

t

• twice shy
    twice shy

Idk, but I do know before I left we were told not to visit any other sites and not to defend our beliefs or get into conversation on apostate sites.

It's obvious that the trolls are being disobedient to the direction provided by the slave.

I was on a post earlier today which seemed to be sincere questions and concerns only to turn into a complete defense of the Society with every post that followed their initial questions. They weren't questioning. They came to defend.

I always wondered after reading certain posts if the WTBT$ were using this board to test and circulate new information before sending it to the congregations. smh

It's just a matter of time before the trolls will be embracing the TTATT.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It is something I have wondered about just to the spying activity that must be carried out by WTBTS. It would be pure bad management on their part to not know what was going on behind the scenes. So Wt if you end up reading this "I'm glad you could join us".

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I wonder how many are testing us to see if what they have been told about those who have left is true and to see if we do have coherent and valid reasons for rejecting their doctrines and beliefs.

To defend a belief to others who do not hold that belief will open up any flaws not previously noticed and could help that person develop critical thinking skills.

It is hard to believe any true JW would deliberately come here for a fight or try to convert us back. I hope they are doubting but don't know where to go or how to break free so need to either reaffirm their beliefs by trying to convince another person they are right or find out tatt.

As it is rare to find any-one home on d2d work the only other place to talk "religiion" is sites like this.

Whatever their reason I hope they find the answers they need.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

It is possible however, that they will read something that

they cannot forget. The path to enlightenment can start in

unexpected ways and who knows what trigger will allow them

to to have an epiphany. These are souls, fellow beings. Lost

in the maze. Some people here are teenagers, children really.

Some are old warriors who have given their lives to the WT only to

come to a painful realization, late in life, that they took the wrong

road. We need to be gracious and helpful to all, and its difficult with

angry people and vicious people lashing out. Some are peeking through

the keyhole at us fearfully checking us out, wanting to confirm that the

WT is really the safest place to be. Those who object the most, may be

the very ones who will someday be liberated. If you have something hopeful,

something beneficial, something kind hearted, offer that. To let go of

what you have looked to as your life support, is difficult even if you

see the flaws, there has to be hope on the other side, hope and safety

otherwise why go there ? You can believe what you please, but there is

too much here that is negative, that is hopeless, that is tearing down,

too much mockery of Christianity , to much anti Bible. I am not a literalist

by any means but this has to be a safe place for believers and not just

a haven for atheists and angry people. We are not the enemy, we

are not the apostates, we are those who suffered much to speak the truth.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Like I said previously. Just cut the BS just be open about who you are. If your a hard out JW or apostate I'm not really bothered either way, and it certainly ain't going to change the answer I give. In fact I think it would be fantastic if more sincere JW could come here and openly debate. I've got nothing to lose.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A WT apologist isn't a troll. They are simply a WT apologist that that needs your help but doesn't understand that yet, and you are the helper that doesn't understand how to help.

Learn what the definition of a troll is before you make accusations.

• twice shy
    twice shy

@ashton- It is hard to believe any true JW would deliberately come here for a fight or try to convert us back.

In my opinion they are coming to try to get their defense on record so that when people search certain topics they will have the society's viewpoint and a bit of negative/angry debate that follows so they can say "see we told you, just look at how they behave in their responses."

Plus, the WTBT$ is changing a lot of their views. I don't remember which watchtower it was , but it was from this year. It was speaking to the youth and said something about we can't tell you who to marry and a few other things. If I find it I will post the paragraph.

@villagegirl- this has to be a safe place for believers and not just a haven for atheists and angry people.

It started out being a sort of haven for me. A place where people really understood and wanted to help. A calm after the storm of the loss of an ingrained belief system. Something positive. I guess because in the begining I was searching specific topics and doctrines. Now, I see a lot more of the negativity and anger.

It is a bit sad and hurtful for me to see so many people that stop completely believing in GOD because of the deception from the WTBT$. That is more difficult for me because I still love GOD.

All and all I hope that I am fulfilling my part in helping someone walk away and just say No thank you!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It seems to be the same 2,3 people. They sound the same. I'd say a MS that wants to be an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit