Witnesses called for a bible study

by umbertoecho 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• kaik
    kaik
    Majority of JWs do not know Bible. Their theology and faith is derived from publication of WT and they have very little understanding what is written in the Bible. As End-Day cult, their study revolves on several chapters and with it they think they earned reward for survival in Armageddon. If any JWs would study just OT & NT without any WT guides, they would see how defective is their faith and reasoning. However, they are not lead to think independently and in the late 1980's it was at least in my KH forbidden to study Bible on its own and could get someone accused of apostasy. I know people who were DFs on judicial committee on insisting to debate some fishy doctrines using only Bible. These people were kicked out just right there.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

For God's will ... is that you ... commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed to idols ... you do murder.

(1 Pet. 4:2, John 14:13, Rev. 2:20, James 2:11)

Hey, it's in the Bible (WTS methodology.)

• Clambake
    Clambake

I always like to give JWs a statement of faith. I believe the bible is the story of God and the Jewish people and god and his church and the transfer of blessings to the church AKA the body of Christ. The old covenant to the new covenant. Being reconciled to god by having a relationship with Jesus Christ.

What do you believe ??

At that point they usually leave.

If they don’t leave and start giving you the sales pitch start asking questions

1. Where does it say membership in the new covenant is limited ?

2. I believe the texts are you referring too are reference to the jews and the gentiles. What makes you believe they are the earthly hope and heavenly hope ?

3. How many of Jesus parables are directly prophecies ? What is the difference between a prophecy and a parable ?

4. Explain to me long a generation is in the bible and how you just noticed this when the generation that wasn’t suppose to die, all died.

5. There are over 300 prophecies about the coming messiah in the old testament fulfilled in the new testament, you would think if gods plan for humanity was to give us 7 men in New York, you would think it would be a common theme throughout the old testament.

Now answer my question just using your bible.

You will never see them ever again.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Yup, a generation in the Bible is pretty clear!!

(Job 42:16) "After this Job lived for 140 years, and he saw his children and his grandchildren—four generations." (RNWT)

140 divided by 4 = 35. It's not rocket science G.B.!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    If I were them and had some savvy I would have brought the book Make Sure of all Things: Hold Fast to What is Fine which is a compilation of Bible quotes arranged by topic. It is the best way to frame a Biblical conversation, from their point of view, and is useful even for dunces who have only a vague idea of what they believe.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If they insist on using the publications, YOU insist on using the older "Truth" book, or "Live Forever" book!

"oh, so we CANT use even YOUR OWN books?? Why? Has the truth changed?"

watch them try and spin that reasoning!!

Even if they go to the clichéd Prov "light gets brighter" scripture, insist on reading THAT chapter in FULL and in CONTEXT...

Enjoy....

• ellaella
    ellaella
    Before I divorced my husband, as he continually tried to preach to me about, voting, door to door,.....everything, I would let him know" you for got to say it this way" or when you count your time w/ people you can't say it as convincing as you should". I would let him know that it is in Rote that he is speaking and I talked like him when I was 3 on the stage as a Witness and said it better than what he was trying to tell me. I told him to go back and practice on how his delivery was just then when talking to me. Boy he would fume!!! But I meant if he wanted to be good at convincing people to join the Church he needed to practice and someday he could be as good as I was, he had such a ways to go!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit