Any ideas for my return visit?

by KateWild 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

You did well in what was a very challenging situation. I would stick to questions don't be drawn into their agenda. When she said "so you lied" I would ask "does that concern you?" We all hate to be lied to, is it ever acceptable for a religion to lie or to be economical with the truth to protect it's reputation at the expense of it's members.

The religion lies to the public about disfellowshipping, they say it is a loving arrangement to bring someone to their senses.

They tell the public that JWs do not have to shun it is a personal choice. The elder told you not to talk to someone does that sound like a personal choice? Is it a personal choice when eating with a Df'd person is also a Df'ing offense?

If you can find examples of misquotes from the magazines and have the original article to show the publishers that may also be helpful.

Someone also had a good chat asking the question on how to leave the religion with dignity I don't remember who it was but it is in the archive somewhere. Certainly gives them something to think about.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Someone also had a good chat asking the question on how to leave the religion with dignity-nugget

Great idea for an RV, if I meet Bro IAmInControl again.

Thanks Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

DD,

Good idea, but.....................

I am an activist, but not that kind of an activist. I don't want the JWs on the trolley to think I am an apostate, I would rather them send me their email and listen to my JC. The recording only is going round the congs, that speaks volumes and can actually make some of my loved ones have doubts.

Kate xx

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why did I do this?

I want to clear my name, and want other JWs in the area to know that unjust DF'ing goes on and because of this I don't want to get RI'd I just want to be able to talk to any JWs I know whenever I see them, as I don't want to conform to WTs shunning policy.....KateWild

............................Trying To Clear Your Name With Gossipy JWs?..

.....................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif......OUTLAW

• KateWild
    KateWild

Very funny OUTLAW, so I wont hold out much hope, but it's cathartic so I will talk to them whenever I see them. Kate xx

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi kate yes they are manned by different cogs, I have a chat with them whenever I pass going for the train or bus.

The last chat I had went like this; me..hi how are you(a brother holding out the awake) he; hello would you like our magazine? Me;you're not from around here(I could tell by his accent)he; no I'm from south africa . Me how long have you lived here? He; twelve yrs .Me; why did you leave sth africa He; it was very repressive regime . Me; wait till the great tribulation. He(surprised)..oh have you read our literature? Me; yes I'm a baptised witness(longtime lapsed) .He;oh what congregation? Me; none I no longer agree with the organisation. He;..nice to talk with you bye.

Lovely people,....NOT!!!!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lovely people,....NOT!!!!-galaxie

Well I think there are a lot of JWs that are lovley people, I have may loved ones trapped in the cult, one even left a few months ago but she is still very indoctrinated. Its one like her that need mt help tolearn TTATT.

I want those still in to see me as approachable, so if they ever leave they may contact me.

Kate xx

• galaxie
    galaxie

Yes kate your correct of course. What I meant by ' lovely people' was really in the context of the individual I was speaking to who found it so easy to dismiss me so readily.

It was obvious that he didn't see me as worthy of further conversation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done that lass.

I would say that as far as talking to you that elders are allowed to. Probably why he sent the old bird back to the trolley.

Clearing your name? I think OUTLAW nailed it. In any case no matter what you do they will go through the rigid wheels of motion for RI. No leeway, no justice.

I hope you broke their wheel of circular reasoning but I know that once it's broken they will fix it with their own confirmation bias and off they go again.

As for a return visit? Oooooh, dress up as Sparlock?

• Fernando
    Fernando

The Good News is you are not a Watchtower religionist (Pharisee) at heart.

The only way they can seem right is if they discredit their detractors (us).

Whilst they remain committed to maintaining the charade and deception they have no choice...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit