CO Special Meeting with MS & Elders

by Syme 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Breaking news from the CO:

Armageddon is coming anyday now, but in the meantime WT needs all of your $$$ to invest more heavily in this world.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The CO wants to tell them this could be his last visit before the end...

• skin
    skin

NVR2L8: I've heard that comment before from a CO on the stage.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have attended more than a few of these meetings; I was a MS for 15+ years and elder for 3 years. My only reaction - boring! So boring! Oh so boring!

I cannot recall any special insight in the many years of attending these meetings. Some were so boring that even the CO had a hard time hiding his boredom.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Didn't somebody say in an earlier thread that the meeting is to inform elders (& maybe ministerial servants) that the GB wants them to call on all inactive ones during the week of the visit and maybe report to the CO the results at the end of the week?

At our last circuit assembly, the DO said this was the new arrangement.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The only one I went to and remember went like this:

1) Meeting with MS and Elders - The circuit has two huge problems; oral sex and foul langauage. Any brother who masturbates or receives head should be removed. Any brother who says the word "crap" should be removed.

2) Meeting with just the Elders - Ministerial Servants; GTFO! Elders only!

• pixel
    pixel

Didn't somebody say in an earlier thread that the meeting is to inform elders (& maybe ministerial servants) that the GB wants them to call on all inactive ones during the week of the visit and maybe report to the CO the results at the end of the week?

This.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Magnum - That is what I heard. Another suck up to the CO session to get bums on seats and money for the GB. Apathy will set in once the CO goes.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Two possibilities here then, get inactive ones back and bums on seats for midweek FS arrangements. Thanks for the info. This applies to my daughter, she is classed as inactive, when she left she didn't get Df'd and she didn't DA herself. Its possible she may get visitied once every six months if this is true, she got a visit from the elder around memmorial time, they may have had a CO visit then.

She knows too much TTATT to ever go back, but she is still very anxious when she sees JWs, I think she may have PTSD. I have tried to help her with Hassans tequniques and will continue.

Thanks again for the info.

Kate xx

• BU2B
    BU2B

Geez I am so glad I was removed as MS. I couldnt take that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit