CO Special Meeting with MS & Elders

by Syme 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Syme
    Syme

When the CO visits a cognregation this semester, a special meeting with elders and MSs is sceduled Tuesday night, right after the normal meeting. Does anyone know what this meeting is about?

This special meeting is held at the beginning of the CO-week, and is different from the standard meeting with personnel which is held Friday evening. Also, it is the first time (as long as I remember) that something like this happens. So, there must be an interesting reason for this.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

Syme,

Thanks for keeping us informed! I don't want to be disrespectful or aggressive; I wish I could be more positive, but you mentioned "there must be an INTERESTING reason"?

I seriously doubt there is an "interesting reason", but they have something to say. I'll bet it is the same old blah, blah, blah, blan, blah and further blah, blah, blah.

Just saying

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have no idea. I don't "qualify" to attend! I am sure it's an emotionally charged, unrealistic meeting based on propaganda. Do MORE!! Report all suspicious activity to the proper authorities!!

DD

• Magnum
    Magnum

Didn't somebody say in an earlier thread that the meeting is to inform elders (& maybe ministerial servants) that the GB wants them to call on all inactive ones during the week of the visit and maybe report to the CO the results at the end of the week?

• Shador
    Shador

Our Circus Oversneer is coming in a few weeks. If such a thing occurs, and there's anythng of importance, I'll be sure to report.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hi Syme,

Yes, I started a thread about three weeks ago during our CO's visit about the same thing.

It is to get every inactive one called on during the week and invited back to the khall...to tell them "we miss you, and the Governing Body misses you"

BUT wait! If you are having your visist this week, just wait for the stuff you will hear at the Elders and MS meeting at the end of the week!

The video will blow you away!...not just the first part, but the last part is so out of touch and tragic that it should be illegal!! Just tell a depressed suicidal person to repeat a slogan "I am an integrity keeper..I wont kill myself...I dont have it as bad as ancient Job, so get over it, go witnessing more etc...But dont get proffesional help...No that would be evil"

You will see what I mean!

• toweragent
    toweragent

Our CO came last month. This meeting was just to tell the servants and the elders to support the field circus meetings throughout the Special week. Even if they can't go out in the field, just attending the service meeting would be appreciated.

That being said, I don't know if the subject of that meeting is directed by the branch or if it's something that the CO does himself based on the "needs" of the congregation.

TowerAgent

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

They announced the same to the cong., which I couldn't understand.

Is Joe the plumber supposed to show upin his coveralls, or go home and shower and change, attend the group, then leave and go home and change back?

And this would encourage how?

• xelder
    xelder

I have not attended these meetings in 7 years.....but:

There have long been two meetings with the appointed brothers. First is a meeting with both MS and Elders. The second is with Elders only.

Most CO's did them together (usually Friday night). A few CO's did the first, shorter meeting on Tuesdays, saving more time for the heavy stuff with Elders on Friday evening.

That may answer your question.....but it's been awhile so who knows? I hate it that I even remember that much!!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I have to go with that the CO wants all the servants to show up for the midweek meetings for field service even if they can't go out. Just come to show support, it is said. Why does the CO want this?

It is a numbers game. He will count the publishers that show up for each fs meeting and report that to the Society. It will be awesome! 25 showed up for the Wednesday morning fs meeting, 15 attended the Thursday after lunch meeting. Awesome! Get it? I remember COs that counted out loud so that everyone was in awe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit