Watchtower Really Does Totally Take The Position of Jesus

by OnTheWayOut 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

REPETITION FOR EMPHASIS - ESPECIALLY FOR QUESTIONING LURKERS!

Isaiah 62:2 - "... be called by a new name, which the very mouth of Jehovah will designate.

Acts 11:26 - "the disciples were by divine providence called Christians." (NOT JW's or Mormons or Catholics etc.)

Matthew 10:18 - ".....for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

Mark 13:9 - "......before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them."

Acts 1:8 - "You will be witnesses of me...."

John 1:15 - "John bore witness about him..." [JESUS]

John 5:37 - "the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me."

John 8:18 - "the Father who sent me bears witness about me."

John 15:26,27 - "..will bear witness about me; and YOU in turn, are to bear witness."

Acts 4:17,18 - ...upon the basis of this (Jesus') .... upon the basis of the name of Jesus.

Acts 10:39 - "And we are witnesses of all the things he [Jesus] did..."

Acts 10:43 - "To him [Jesus] all the prophets bear witness....."

Acts 13:31 - "who are now his (Jesus') witnesses to the people.

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witness for him [Jesus] to all men......"

Acts 22:20 - "......the blood of Stephen your [Jesus'] witness was being spilled..."

Acts 23:11 - "..... a thorough witness on the things about me in Jerusalem..."

Acts 26:16 -"I [Jesus]..choose you as an attendant and a witness........respecting me"

1 Corinthians 1:6 - "even as the witness about the Christ..........."

1 Tim. 2:6 - "......what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times."

2 Timothy 1:8 - "............of the witness about our Lord.. [Christ]"

1 John 5:9 - "the witness God gives...the fact that he has borne witness concerning his Son."

Revelation 1:9 - "....for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 3:8 - ...."and you kept my word and did not prove false to my name."

Revelation 12:17 - ".......and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 17:6 - "........and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

Revelation 19:10 -".....the work of witnessing to Jesus.... bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 20:4 - "............ for the witness they bore to Jesus."

(1 Corinthians 1:2) ....with all who....are calling upon the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. . .

James 2:7 - "They blaspheme the fine name by which YOU were called, do they not"?

1 Peter 4:14,16 - If YOU are being reproached for the name of Christ, YOU are happy, because the [spirit] of glory, even the spirit of God, is resting upon YOU. But if [he suffers] as a Christian, let him not feel shame, but let him keep on glorifying God in this name."

(John 3:18) ....he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God

(Acts 2:38) ....be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ......

(Acts 3:6) ...In the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, walk!....

(Acts 4:10) ....in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene......"

(Acts 8:16) ....they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

(Acts 9:27) .....and how in Damascus he had spoken boldly in the name of Jesus.

(Acts 10:48) With that he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 16:18) "I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her."

(Acts 19:5) On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

• designs
    designs

You should read- Litany Of The Saints, the prayer used in Catholic Exorcisms.

• blondie
    blondie

What I noticed even as a jw was that you could not approach God unless going through the WTS, that your prayers through Jesus to God did not count unless you were a jw and associated with the organization.

*** w10 4/15 p. 5 par. 10 Young People—Strengthen Your Desire to Serve Jehovah ***

God is not partial. Those who observe his commandments have the assurance that he will listen to them. (Prov. 15:8)

*** w83 6/15 p. 9 What Prayers Does God Hear? ***

We can learn an important lesson from this Bible account. It is this: If we want God to hear our prayers, we must do his will; we must obey his laws. The Bible states it plainly: “Whatever we ask we receive from him, because we are observing his commandments and are doing the things that are pleasing in his eyes.” (1 John 3:22)

(Remember that Cornelius and his family received the holy spirit before baptism, yet he could his prayers were of lesser value???)

*** w90 1/15 p. 6 Whose Prayers Are Answered? ***

God answers the prayers of his faithful worshipers. Why? In part, Jehovah does so because they pray to him alone, making their approach through Jesus Christ. They shun wickedness and avoid hypocritical and repetitive prayers. Instead of repeating the model prayer by rote, Witnesses of Jehovah use its splendid guidelines in expressing their own heartfelt sentiments to God. But there are yet other reasons why their prayers are answered.

Those whose prayers are answered have met basic requirements. Citing these, Paul wrote: “He that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.” (Hebrews 11:6) Note these two basic points: Jehovah answers the prayers of (1) those who believe that God is, or exists, and (2) those who are “earnestly seeking him.”

One such first-century individual was the devout Gentile Cornelius. He believed that God is, and he was earnestly seeking him. What did Cornelius do upon gaining accurate knowledge? Why, he wholeheartedly dedicated himself to Jehovah God and was baptized to symbolize that dedication. Thereafter, Cornelius apparently had a close relationship with God, and this would have had a positive effect on his prayers.—Acts 10:1-44.

Before Cornelius was baptized, his prayers only “ascended as a remembrance before God.” (Acts 10:4) However, by making a dedication to God on the basis of his belief in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, and being baptized, Cornelius unreservedly gave himself to Jehovah. This established a wonderful closeness between God and this devout man—a relationship giving Cornelius the unrestricted privilege of prayer. (James 4:8) He could approach his heavenly Father through Christ Jesus with the expectation of being heard. That is what happens to all who dedicate themselves to God through Christ and get baptized. They too have the unrestricted privilege of prayer.

• designs
    designs

This may be from a differing view ( and there are several) on Prevenient Grace (Preceding Grace). To what extent does God's mercy, kindness, acknowledgement etc. go to the unsaved. Saint Augustine wrote his views and many years later John Wesley and Jacob Arminius added theirs.

When I was a JW the general view was that prayers could or would be heard by God from a non-believer if they were asking God for help in finding answers ( the stories of JWs showing up at someone's home while they were praying was often used).

• blondie
    blondie

Does the WTS here say that people who have no idea what "their truth" is or have enough "true" knowledge of their God will be heard? Had Cornelius and his family "dedicated" themselves.

*** w90 5/15 p. 12 pars. 10-11 Fear Jehovah, the Hearer of Prayer ***

Aware that prayer is a restricted privilege, King Solomon asked that Jehovah hear only foreigners who prayed toward God’s temple in Jerusalem. (1 Kings 8:41-43) Centuries later, the Gentile foreigner Cornelius “made supplication to God continually” as a devout man. Upon gaining accurate knowledge, Cornelius dedicated himself to God, who then gave him the holy spirit. Following this, Cornelius and other Gentiles were baptized. (Acts 10:1-44) Like Cornelius, anyone today progressing toward dedication may be encouraged to pray. But an individual who is insincere about studying the Scriptures, does not know the divine requirements for prayer, and has not yet displayed an attitude pleasing to God cannot be said to fear Jehovah, have faith, or be earnestly seeking him. Such a person is not in position to offer prayers acceptable to God.

11 Some who were at one time progressing toward dedication later may seem to be holding back. If they do not have enough love for God in their heart to make an unreserved dedication to him, they ought to ask themselves whether they still have the wonderful privilege of prayer. Apparently not, because those approaching God must be earnestly seeking him and also righteousness and meekness. (Zephaniah 2:3) Everyone who really fears Jehovah is a believer who makes a dedication to God and symbolizes it by getting baptized. (Acts 8:13; 18:8) And only baptized believers have an unrestricted privilege of approaching the King Eternal in prayer.

*** w63 5/15 p. 319 Questions From Readers ***

● Why did The Watchtower of February 15, 1963, on page 115, say: “The privilege of prayer is only for those who have, upon the basis of accurate knowledge, made a dedication of themselves to do Jehovah’s will”?—A. G., Iran.

There is much misconception among professed Christians as to who may pray. In fact, most of them think that anyone may pray regarding any matter with the prospect of being heard. But not so. (Prov. 15:29; Jas. 4:3) Prayer is not an unrestricted privilege, but, rather, a restricted, exclusive one. As we read at Hebrews 11:6: “He that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.” In other words, for one to be heard by God one must not only believe God exists but earnestly be seeking him. That is why Jehovah God told the unfaithful Israelites that he was not hearing their prayers. And Jesus showed that the prayers made for effect as well as those made by self-righteous persons are not heard.—Isa. 1:15; Matt. 6:5-8; Luke 18:11-14.

How restrictive all this makes prayer! As has been previously epitomized in the Watch Tower publications (“Make Sure of All Things,” pages 280-286), prayer, to be heard and answered by God, must be made to the right One, Jehovah God, the Creator, the God of the Bible. Secondly, such prayer must be made in the right manner: “No one comes to the Father except through me,” said Jesus. (John 14:6) Included in right manner are also sincerity, faith and perseverance. Thirdly, for prayer to be answered it must be regarding right matters, those in harmony with God’s will. So Jesus taught his followers to pray to God: “Let your will take place.” Even King Solomon of old recognized that prayer was a restricted privilege, for, as regards the foreigners, he asked in behalf of only those who, after hearing of the one true God, Jehovah, would come and pray toward His temple at Jerusalem.—Matt. 6:10; 1 Ki. 8:41-43.

Cornelius was such a man who was desirous of doing God’s will, for, even though he as an uncircumcised man of the nations did not belong to the dedicated nation of Israel, he is described as “a devout man and one fearing God together with all his household, and he made many gifts of mercy to the people and made supplication to God continually.” Cornelius may therefore be said to have been progressing toward dedication, and upon receiving accurate knowledge he did dedicate himself; and from then on he came into covenant relationship with God, and God dealt with him as a son, proof of which He gave by giving Cornelius the holy spirit.—Acts 10:1-44.

Anyone who comes to the true God Jehovah in prayer in the right manner and asks regarding the right things may be said to be of such a mental disposition that he is progressing toward dedication, if not already having made a dedication in his heart, though he may not yet have symbolized it by water immersion. All such persons of goodwill toward God, desirous of doing his will, may be encouraged to pray. Hence, children who are being reared by their parents with a view to their becoming dedicated servants of Jehovah God may also properly be instructed to pray.—1 Cor. 7:14.

However, it can readily be appreciated that persons of the world who have not particularly concerned themselves with a study of the Bible would not know the divine requirements for prayer nor have they manifested an attitude that is pleasing to God. So they would not be in position to offer prayers that would be acceptable to Jehovah.—Prov. 28:9.

It also appears that not a few who for some time were progressing toward dedication are now holding back from taking that step. Yet they continue to associate with God’s people and to serve with them. If it is selfishness that is holding them back, if they cannot find it in their hearts to give themselves in complete dedication to God, they may well ask themselves if they still have the privilege of prayer. Apparently not, because those who approach God must be earnestly seeking him. Such should also note that only those seeking Jehovah, righteousness and meekness, those dedicated and earnestly carrying out their dedication, may hope to be hidden in the day of Jehovah’s anger.—Heb. 11:6; Zeph. 2:3; Luke 13:24.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I agree OTWO, and increasingly more and more by the decade. Its ironic. They call themselves the ONLY true Christians, thats CHRISTians, yet christ is relegated to the position of the red-headed step child. Even the Memorial is now an infomercial for JW.org and the panda paradise, nothing about Christ.

Even in the NWT there are a few bible books in the NT that the word Jehovah is not used in. Can you imagine giving a talk or writing a article that only mentions christ and not Jehovah? Can you imagine saying something the NT says often, like "praise be to our lord and savior christ Jesus" or bowing to him? The scriptures say that before him "even angels knees will bend" why then does the "only true christians" not even give Jesus the honor he is due as per the scriptures?

All attention is on the GB, and it is idolatry by definition. Anyone who is no longer under the spell of WT mind control can see it clear as crystal whether you be Christian, agnostic, athiest, buddist, satanist or whatever!! It is so clear that Jesus is barely even mentioned, let alone praised.. He is merely "respected" among JWs. However the GB is mentioned in every prayer and in every study edition. Sad how blind they can be to this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All Christian based religions say they are god's chosen ones, this isn't unique to the JWS.

It makes no wonder the leaders of the WTS. publishing house proclaimed this for its a enticing

marketing strategy in support of the WTS's own published literature, at the same time established a semblance

of power toward those men.

They became not just the executive writing directors of the WTS., they became god's chosen channel for all mankind.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

What is the acutal teaching of Watchtower about the mission of Jesus as mediator?

- Stage 1: God to Jesus: "Start the mission now, be my word and get flesh!"
    - Stage 2: "Achieve your duty, become a ransom sacrifice and bring me the value of your blood into heaven,
    so that I can accept it an be reconciled with, ya ....of course, only... the anointed remnant "
    - Stage 3: "Yes be attentive my son: this mission is only for some anointed, the other people my son
    you have to save otherwise, any ideas?"
    - Stage 4: "Yes okay the remnant shall give information to all mankind and then I will be reconciled with all men on earth.
    So we can do it and accomplish my will.

- Stage 5: End of mission will be if you do all what I say to you and the remnant
    and you sit on the thron on my right side.
    That will be fine then. What are you waiting for, Jesus?"

TWOY

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Should not Jesus better make a meditation then being such a mediator?

P.S. I always have this Scientology Adveritsment, when I am logged in.

• scary21
    scary21

I know there is a scripture where Paul says something like....I choose to know nothing but the Christ....can you imagine any JW saying that? NO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit