Is JW.org overriding entry into JW.net?

by Hairtrigger 24 Replies latest forum tech-support

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Jw.org is not overiding jw.net. Jw.net site simply does not exist right now. Since it does not exist, your web browser cant find it. Since your browser cant find it, your broswer defaults to search results of similar words instead. Jw.org just happens to be the closest similar word.

jw.net may be down for several reasons. The owner may not be paying for the site any more. Or the owner may be in the process of moving the site to another computer.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I did not know it was a real site. I thought people were just shortening the address for this site (JWN).

Who owns jw.net?

-Aude.

• steve2
    steve2

On my Samsung Tablet, when I google JWN I immediately get JW.net and then a site called Japan industrial Waste!!! Not a f*king JW.org in sight ( or is that, "site"?). Give me Japan Industtial Waste anyday - but thank god my Tablet takes me instantly to JW.net even with just JWN.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Just typed jw.net into Google and sure it said, do you mean jw.org? at the top, but after that this site was the first actual site on the list.

Typed it into Yahoo and while jw.org was delivered top of the list, this site was listed second.

Typed it into Dogpile and this site comes out 4th on the list.

Typed it into Lycos and jw.org was top, but this was was next.

Doesn't seem anything conspirtorial here, especially as this site isn't jw.net anyway.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Welcome I was thinking that if you look at the life expectancy now as compared to say five hundred years ago you can say we live a very long time and then our information collecting organ/brain and nerve cells malfunctions and stops, the lights go out because the power source has ceased to function or simple put we "die" the plug get pulled on the computor and it stops computing. Perhaps/most likely in the future Science will give us the ability to live forever and so you will simply choose to pull the plug so to speak when you no longer see any point to a further existence, or get transfered to an orbiting computer chip and live your everlasting life in the bliss of you own program selection and I call that Nirvana.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana

Nirvāṇa ( Sanskrit : निर्वाण ; Pali : निब्बान nibbāna  ; Prakrit : णिव्वाण ) literally means "blown out", as in a candle.

• blondie
    blondie

Have you directed your concerns to the admin of this site, Simon?

• stillin
    stillin

Nice piece of writing, Hairtrigger!

I had problems getting started here, too. I'm technically challenged or I would definitey find a new avatar. (Look at me!)

i look forward to hearing your story.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Just checked now, if you type jw.net in the address bar, nothing happens, just a message appears asking if you mean jw.org. This is normal behaviour.

If you type JW.net in google search this is the result:

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hairtrigger,

Welcome to the board eventually. Thank for telling us how you came to your conclusions. Very interesting explaination that the bible is not true, so hence the WT is not true.

Have you left WT? Or are you planning your exit?

Kate xx

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hairtrigger...do it again if you can and take a screen shot or picture of it and post it here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit