Is JW.org overriding entry into JW.net?

by Hairtrigger 24 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Hello everyone . Am new here. Tried to get into JW.net twice but a popup informed me that the official website of JW's is jw.org. This was about 2 hours back. Anybody with a similar experience?

Joined the Jw .net forum a few months ago- but typed in a wrong password and the site wouldn't allow me to check in, despite asking for the correct PW and typing it in . Had to change display name and finally figured out how to post.

Have read CoC and TTaTT. Many other articles on Jwfacts and other websites. Enlightening stuff. Enough to get even an average JW thinking along the right lines-which is away from its bigotry and authoritarian dogmas and dictates and its irrational phobias about clear thinking men and women. Methinks this org. is a crafty imitation of the mother church. The difference being the mother church practised -what they are now emulating -a few centuries back. Shunning; demand "donations"; secrecy in accumulating wealth and its subsquent usage; appropiating property; preying on the old and timid; irrational beliefs which have no scriptual basis; arrogating to themselves the authority of Christ and his Heavenly Father translated as infallibility and (LOL) omniscience among others.

My mental disassociation began when James' assertion in 1:16 couldn't be validated by the conversations in Job between the Evil one and J. Subsequently I've read posts with similar observations about the events in the Garden and their inconistency with James-which were in keeping with my reasonings. Which has brought me to this thought. Ancient religions of the Vikings the Greeks and Romans , Babylonians, Egyptians etc. etc. have all proven false. All their gods and godesses have been the products of colorful figments of imaginative zealotry. ( JW's believe it is -Satan's). The flaws in all the current so called "Holy" books -no religion excepted -makes it obvious that they are nothing but ambitious current editions of an ancient fictionalized concept. There is only one TRUTH. SCIENCE and THE NEVER ENDING INQUIRY INTO IT by the human brain. That is the only hope for everlasting life for man. Till science doesn't figure out ways to combat aging, disease and death, we have but a short time to live. These are my thoughts . You are welcome to comment.

Peaceseeker

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome, I had an incredibly difficult time joining. I don't think this site and aol speak the same language. I had success with yahoo. :)

Enjoy your journey. Carpe Diem!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome peacekeeper! You have really come a long way from your JW indoctrination, your comments are spot on. After years of slowly becoming less and less active, I finally realized that this organization is no better than any other religion, they have no more idea of the fate of mankind than anyone else and they have a 100% failure rate on predictions. If God exists, and I don't believe he does, he certainly would not pick this group of misfits to represent him.

Once I realized that, I was free to live my life with no fear . Freedom is wonderful, I have never regretted my choice (Although I wish I had left sooner).

Life is good, I am happy and at peace, I wish the same for you.

• LV101
    LV101

I think you're on to something, Hairtrigger. When I was first trying to use my new I-Pad few months ago it was very difficult to get the Jehovahs-Witness.net site and JW.Org would pop up - very frustrating.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Note to self, do not buy I-Pad.

• twice shy
    twice shy

Yes, it used to be the first or second link when you put in Jehovah's Witness in the search engine. Now it's the very last link or at the top of the second page.

I guess the more witnesses that log onto the official site. The further down jwn will be.

• UBM101
    UBM101

Welcome Peace Seeker

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I typed in jw.net and got nothing other than a google search with jw.org as the first link.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Thanks everyone for your comments. It happened again. I tried logging into JW.net and the popup jack-in-the boxed again informing me that the official site for JW's is JW.org. Somethings not right here.

Omar Khayyam puts life and death in an epicurean nutshell:

Often when young did I eagerly frequent

Doctor and saint and heard great argument

About this and about but evermore

Came out by the same door as in I went.

Into this world and why not knowing

Nor whence like water willy- nilly flowing

and out of it- like wind along the waste

I know not whither -willy-nilly blowing

Its all a chequerboard of nights and days

Where destiniy for men as pieces plays

Hither ,thither moves, mates and slays

And one by one back in the closet lays.

And that inverted bowl we call the sky

Whereunder crawling cooped we live and die

Lift not thine hands to for help

For it rolls on impotently, as thou and I

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Sorryeveryone those are four separate quatrains. They were separated when I wrote them but after I hit "submit", they seemed to have jumbled up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit