What's the dirt on the GB? Proven not anecdotal.

by punkofnice 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• metatron
    metatron

They have promoted fraud for 130 years in telling the public that 'Armageddon is soon' and collecting donations all during that time.

They are morally worse than Bernie Madoff. He cheated people out of their life savings for a number of years and was stopped by authorities. The Watchtower has wasted millions of lives in pursuit of a fraud for well over a century and still continues this deceit, unstopped.

Why is a non-profit corporation allowed to get away with such behavior when analogous conduct by a stock issuing for-profit company would trigger lawsuits and possible jail time?

They are greedy almost beyond belief because they lust to dominate and control people's lives, down even to private intimacies. This is the intense greed manifest by men such as Stalin or Hitler - a greed that transcends mere money.

metatron

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

They didn't "join the united nations." Only countries can do that. they registered as an NGO with the United Nations.

I'm very interested in Rutherford. I'm unconvinced by most of what I've read. But by the pricking of my skin, I think there's something there. I'd like to see something more convincing than what's been posted on this site.

I don't know any of the current GB memebers. All those I knew have died. Of those I knew, I thought F. W. Franz was a fruitcake. I liked John Barr. Macmillan was a hoot, smart, funny. The others seemed one dimensional, but up close and personal seemed to be true believers.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

...and supported Jimmy Swaggert in his case against the U.S. government.

I'm not aware of any support given to Swaggart. They filed as an amicus curiae so they could closely follow the case. The case was not against the U.S. gov't, it was against the state of California, and when Swaggart lost, he appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Old Goat, I have had a busy week and it would be so much easier to pick up the telephone and call you than type when I am tired.

----->>> You say, what has been posted, here, on JWN about that A$$h@le Rutherford also known as the PRESIDENT of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and his JW personal assistant/secretary girlfriend Bonnie Boyd Heath... is not the truth??? and ? ??

Old Goat, are you funnin ' with me or are you serious???

You say you are unconvinced? May I politely ask, what are you "unconvinced" about?

Sincerely,

Your friend in Jesus,

LoisLane

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

What's presented here is without documentation that would meet any standard of proof. It's glorified gossip. I used to teach (still lecture on occasion) history at a major west coast univerisity back in the day. I'd never accept what's been posted here from a student. I want to see solid documentation.

I was baptised in 1948. I first walked into a Kingdom Hall in 1944. Rutherford had been dead for two years. Of those who met or knew him that I met, all admired him. Like Knorr, he was a man of two personalities, best I can tell. And maybe everything said about him and Bony Boyd is true, Nothing on this site proves it so.

Show me solid documentation, not rumor.

I'm fairly certain you didn't know Rutehrford. So you don't know any of this first hand. Show me bonny's confession, written in her own hand. Show me a lurid photo. Show my any proof at all that goes beyong a mere assertion. I want proof that takes a step beyong mere assertion.

Old Goat... Let us take this to PM. When I am tired and I am upset, everything and everyone is an A$$h@le, present company excluded, of course.

LL (not Bean)

Old Goat. You have a PM.

Old Goat are you saying that Rutherford's homes in San Diego are NOT documented?

Are you saying the newspaper article interviewing him and he, Rutherford, going on about David, and who all were going to show up to live in his lavish home built during the Depression??

You don't believe the San Diego Newspaper?

The Watchtower advertisement to buy 1 pound packages of Miracle Wheat?

The lists are rather long.

I am not Leoleia or Blondie.

If you do not believe them with their cut and paste documentation, then I am sorry.

I have nothing to offer you.

I am sorry you do not believe what others have written.

LoisLane

• DogGone
    DogGone

Apognophos and Old Goat,

Thank-you for your balance and intellectual honesty. Sometimes it seems those who once swallowed every good yarn from the WTS now swallow every slander.

• Ocean1111
    Ocean1111

The "Governing Body" as known today actually derives from the 1976 Bethel corporate coup. Even in JWs the GB never was a corporate or ministerial authority prior to 1976. Most of their crimes are not of secular nature, mostly spiritual organized crimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit