What is spirit, exactly?

by Viviane 609 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Timing, lol. Do I feel smart now?

• Viviane
    Viviane

You ARE smart. I always enjoy your posts, jgnat.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The Answer..

a staircase, through the swing doors.

Vivianne is answering the posts, checking the " i want an answer " ,

Next door is " Cofty" a stranger but in hyperspace opinions which Viv and Cofty share on the internet....but this debate doesnt seem to get large only smaller as many opinions are dismissed by Viv in a way posters feel "

."our voices, our opinn the anwers we have offerd our " sincere" answers .....thix thread has lost so many people that could have contributed to " your answer"

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

So im my above inarticulate way, the answer is Spirit is a word, something better than a feeling.

But in this post the question " what is spirit" was not asked in team " spirit" ...it was a question looking for words such as atmosphere, indefinable, something that defined laws and rights...something that wanted to be heard as an individual.

Spirit was a question that produced a controversial thread and lost those who had the questions to your question...viv i say EGO is your spirit.

• Viviane
    Viviane

but this debate doesnt seem to get large only smaller as many opinions are dismissed by Viv in a way posters feel "our voices, our opinn the anwers we have offerd our " sincere" answers .....thix thread has lost so many people that could have contributed to " your answer"

The debate is wide open. Quite the contrary from dismissing anyone's answers, I have summarized and presented every answer as accurately as possible. If you feel someone has told us what spirit is made of and it was dismissed, please let me know.

So im my above inarticulate way, the answer is Spirit is a word, something better than a feeling.

That would fall under "it's a metaphor" as an answer.

But in this post the question " what is spirit" was not asked in team " spirit" ...it was a question looking for words such as atmosphere, indefinable, something that defined laws and rights...something that wanted to be heard as an individual.

It was just a question. You are are reading more into it that is there. There were no "rules" or expectations around it.

Spirit was a question that produced a controversial thread and lost those who had the questions to your question...viv i say EGO is your spirit.

So far no one has said what it's made of. You can say whatever you like, of course, and join the growing crowd that ignorantly pretends to know anything about me and present that error as fact. I've noticed that a common fallback position amongst those claiming to have and failing to present an answer.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Viv ....SPIRIT is a group of christians, singing them selfs in to heaven " we are so happy, we are so happy" But that answer those words, that song will not satisfy...." We are so happy, we are so happy" A silent empty answer for you but for many christians a fully satisfying and complete answer....actually the arrival of answers is an answer.

• Splash
    Splash

What is an emotion? What is it comprised of?
    I'm not referring to the cause or the consequence of an emotion, but the emotion itself.

What about a thought, a memory. What is a memory comprised of?

Splash

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Splsh you as "what is an emotion?"

Maybe its MONEY?

Now i am not refering to rhe cause and consequence.

But what is it comprised of?

well money used to be paper, i mean it grew on trees, now its didgits on a computer screen.

What is money exactly? What is SPIRIT exactly?

its 23 pages of wronf questions. Nobody cares about spirit. Its a lonely entity in need of love....

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

jgnat great points and leads me to ask viv

what is power exactly? in the NWT spirit is described as power at 2Kings 2:9-16. At other places in the NWT spirit is breath according to the cross reference. Indeed breath powers up the individual. Whereas at 2kings2:16 spirit is rendered wind in the cross ref (the power of the wind?) Ancients were fascinated by power in all its manifiestations (2kings 2:10 for example) - what power is and what it can do. We today are also fascinated by power.

2kings 2:16

They said to him: “Here are 50 capable men with your servants. Let them go, please, to look for your master. Perhaps the spirit* of Jehovah has lifted him up and then thrown him on one of the mountains or in one of the valleys.”

2kings 2:9&10

As soon as they had gone across, E·li′jah said to E·li′sha: “Ask what you want me to do for you before I am taken from you.” So E·li′sha said: “Please, may I receive a double portion*+ of your spirit?”+ 10 He replied: “You have asked a difficult thing. If you see me when I am taken from you, it will happen for you that way; but if you do not, it will not happen.”

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

emotion is a physical response, the releasing of chemicals that have physical effects.

Splash, the cause leads to the consequence....

Adrenaline makes you clammy, takes the blood from your peripheries and non essential organs such as your gut, it redirects the blood to large muscle groups and the brain. Your heart rate increases, your resp rate increases, your eyes dilate to take in more information.

Those ARE the consequences of the CAUSE of what we call 'excited' or 'scared' or even 'agression'... the physical affects such as the gut losing the blood supply leads to the 'feeling' we have such as 'butterflies in the stomach'. Goosebumps are the result of long lost body hair that would have stood on end like a scared cat, the hair now gone we are left with the sensation and resulting raised bumps that so urge you to rub them....

The physical effects of the chenicals are the feelings we have. They are triggered by experiences, be it seeing danger, or an attractive mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit