Sister kills a boy in an accident! A sad, sad story in more ways than one.

by DATA-DOG 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/22/4909006/youth-struck-killed-in-kansas.html

A buddy of mine told me about this story. A sister driving through a neighborhood struck two children, killing one. It's a terrible story. Well, it gets worse. Some Elders happened to be eating dinner at a home nearby and they get a call from the Sister. So of course they go to see her, who wouldn't! They got there before the police and the ambulance! This makes me wonder who called the Police and when, but I digress.

The Elders comfort her and pray with her. The Police show up and the Elders notice that one of the officers is a magazine call. You can probably guess where this is going. As tragic as this event was, it was spun into a tale of Jehovah's love for "true Christians." Yes! Jehovah had a hand in the Elders beating the police to the scene! The Police officer who was a magazine call?? You guessed it! Jehoober did it!!! This example is even being used in talks around the town!

Sadly, not one JW has expressed any sympathy towards that parents of the deceased child. In fact, all that is said is, " Where were the parents? Why was the child riding a skateboard down the road?!?" There has been absolutely no mention of the devestating loss to the parents of the child. Their personal pain is eclipsed by the outworking of Jeehoober's love toward the "true Christian." Sister.

It's great that some humans helped another human, but sheesh!! Don't these people think at all???

DD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Children tend to ride their skateboards in the street. I assume it wasn't a major thoroughfare. Good grief, why didn't JoeHoover apply her brakes and spare the child and then help this lady start a study with his parents and the boy and his family could all sing KUMBAYA at the Kingdom Hall?

No, JoeHoover strikes another non-JW down, using a sister behind the wheel.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The takeaway here is that Jehovah can help a sister feel better, but can't save a child.

The all powerful Oz!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Did they DO anything to help the kids? Medically? Anything?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

As sad as it is, at least they were able to count time. Sorry if I offended anyone.

When I was an elder one of our MS struck and killed a homeless person who was wondering onto the street. He felt remorse, we conforted him, and life went on. He was not charged with any crime or traffic violation and we imposed no restrictions on him. There was no way he was responsible for the man's death.

When I was young a friend of the family from the congregation was a train engineer. He struck and killed at least one bystander. He felt remorse and went on with his life until he died.

Life is fragile. I am not sure how I would react if I was respnsible for the death of someone. Fortunately, that is not something I have had to deal with, at least as of now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This example is even being used in talks around the town!

That is the bad thig about it....This tragic accident is just that - wrong place ,wrong time for the boys and the driver. Is there any evidenc that she was dealt with more leniantly because the cop took the mags? - No. Granted a pair of elders were well placed to comfort her but is that unusual in a city?

Somedubs are just so quick to see the hand of their god in anything good, (or not as bad as it might have been) I was always more skeptical and so ,privately, are a lot of dubs if my family is anything to go by.

As we said - spare a thought and a a prayer for the surviving boy and his parents

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Oh come on Found Sheep, that was just unfair. Who wouldn't help a poor children who was just struck by a vehicle? Your question implies an assumption that witnesses let people die without blinking an eye. Let's not try to use any situation to blame them. The kids too should have been more careful. Streets are not for skateboarding purposes.

• stillin
    stillin

There it is...spin. Just like all of the Teflon politicians do. It's all in how you tell it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh well, at least that is one more child that Jehovah wont have to kill at armageddon!

The sister did it for him...damn 'worldy' child, riding 'worldy' skateboards! It probably had a demonic picture on it anyway....

(I was being sarcastic by the way)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Will be - Excuse me your highness! I'm just wondering why they didn't gloat about doing CPR holding pressure or whatever. Just saying I think the LIFE of the children should be the focus not some religious notion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit