Had an argument with my wife about tinkerbell :(

by BU2B 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BU2B - "MY GOD! why are these people so neurotic and wierd?"

Because they're afraid.

All fundamentalist religions are - at their core - fear-based.

They recruit amongst the fearful, essentially promising to take away that fear, but - ultimately - make that fear more pronounced.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

hello BU2B, sorry to hear about your turmoil...not sure how much you love your wife and such. but if it's worth saving your marriage and family. Be patient and keep taking it slow. keep showing her in the bible how what she has learned is not the truth. Focus on the new testament, bring Jesus into your lives. Remember Jesus said..i am the way the truth and the light. He did not mention anything about the borg.

Yesterday, i was telling my wife happy mothers day. at first she gave me this look. then we discussed it and i reasoned with her that there is no where in the bible the forbids it. i also tell my kids happy birthday.

Remember the Borg took there time to brainwash them...it will take you time to undo it. but take it slow...don't force it. miss meeting and field service, show her the world will not end. and by all means make it always sound like it was her idea.

you can take a horse to water, but cant make it drink. but, if it's there idea..they will. make her feel empowered.

GTTM

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Get this:

When my youngest was 4 or 5, he was watching the Simpsons.

I told him I thought the Simpsons was not good for him to watch, with the bad attitude of Bart, the overall sarcastic nature, etc.

He looked at me and said:

"It's just a cartoon Dad."

I was speechless, he was right; he watched the Simpsons from then on.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

So did you keep the evil blanket or not???

• carla
    carla

Year before my jw joined the cult he went to the neighbors to borrow a certain movie for the kids (nobody in the house were jw) everybody loved it. The next year kids were watching it again on tv and he went on how he wished they wouldn't watch it blah, blah, blah...... nuts, just nuts. One year it was ok as it is a work of fiction and within a year he was unable to discern fiction from factual events. sad. Naturally me & kids just kept watching as he walked out for some jw thing as usual.

So glad I never allowed them near a kh! They know full well it is a cult and hope and pray he will leave the cult someday.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I just shake my head......that it's 2014 and the JW's are still fanatics about this kind of stuff.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

BU2B,

Tell your wife that one of the GB members likes Disney and Disneyland and he took his kids there. He said so in a talk.

“There’s nothing wrong with Disney World or Disney Land. We took our sons there a couple of times.”

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/271682/1/Morris-in-Italy#4936422

Here's the recording. The comment is made at about 15:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td22FGFywv8&feature=youtu.be

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

She is nuts. When I was growing up, my biggest goal in life was to go to Disneyland and the same year my mom (finally) got baptised is the year that we went to Disneyland. I LOVED fairy tales--fairy godmothers, peter pan, wendy, tinkerbell. . . (but hey, I'm now an apostate-so I guess not a good example.)

If you have in laws in the religion who took her(wife) to disney, ask them if they think that she was adversely affected or has since shown any signs of demon possession. Seriously! You need to discuss this in a rational way with people who PERHAPS have a memory of some aspect of the borg that wasn't always so insane. If she thinks Disney is ok, you need to plan a trip soon and give her a REALITY check. Or have her ask the elders if taking the kids to disneyland is ok(might want to ask a likely candidate for her question first yourself in case they have lost all their marbles, too).

Keep track of all the bits of insanity that she shows in a notebook. Just in case you come up with the situation of Katewild whose husband is denying HER her child for doing normal things with him. You want custody if it all goes to crap. Not to be negative, but you are not in a normal situation and its not likely to improve soon by the sound of it.

• Maat13
    Maat13

Bu2b I'm sorry about your situation. I am in a similar situation with my spouse. And I've had a few discussions with my kids, who may be a little older than your daughter. Again similar to your approach I phrased the question "How do you know Jehovah doesn't like that?".

Unfortunately, it's a never ending argument. And JWs are not consistent on what constitutes a disappointment in Jehovah's eyes.

I know there were JWs who had massive get togethers to go to movies like Thor, Superman, Spiderman and the Avengers. All of the characters in these movies are adult fairy tales.

How about regular TV? Are not the characters on these shows fictious? their stories and lives?..commercials? even so called reality tv is staged...

So where do the fairy tales start and end? It's all arbitrary and subjective...

So the real solution for JWs, to be pleasing to Jah is to turn off the Tv, lock themselves in their houses, unless they are going to meetings, field service, work or perhaps the grocery store.

A Very Sad State to live in....

Maat

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Serious? Tinkerbell? Ya I think they are going from bad to worse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit